Recent content by C317414

1. C317414

New Circuit - Panel Recessed in Concrete

Thanks. My condo has a closet that is adjacent to a pantry, and the service panel is in the closet. I am going to modify the pantry so I can install a dishwasher (plumbing is not an issue), and I need power for the dishwasher. The issue is not specifically how close an existing outlet is...
  2. C317414

Thanks. Unfortunately, there are no existing runs anywhere near where the new outlet is needed (utility closet). Moreover, the closest run goes to a box embedded in a concrete wall that is in a finished interior wall. I do not want to run surface conduit from a finished wall. This is...
  3. C317414

This has nothing to do with my question.
  4. C317414

You misunderstood me. I'm not trying to extend a circuit. Let me explain it again. The service panel is recessed in a concrete wall. I want to add another circuit breaker and run the wiring to a new outlet using conduit on the surface of the wall. When a panel is recessed in a drywall/stud...
  5. C317414

How do you run pipe from a box that is recessed in concrete? That is the question.
  6. C317414

Hi, We have a condo in Puerto Rico (NEC applies here). The walls are reinforced concrete. The service panel is recessed in a concrete wall, and all existing wiring in the condo is through metal conduits buried in the walls. I need to add another 15A circuit, and will be running the wiring...
  7. C317414

Dishwasher - Type of Wire to Use

Hello, Our dishwasher leaked and damaged the floor. The dishwasher was hard-wired to the house using NM cable (Romex type). The guys from the water remediation company cut the cable, instead of disconnecting it. They cut it too short, so it will need to be replaced. I have a few questions...
  8. C317414

Water Damage - Source of Water?

There was heavy rain and snow, but I see no evidence of a water leak on the ceiling, or the ceiling of the room above it. Later today I'm going to pull out the stove, and the dishwasher to check for evidence that the roof may have leaked, and water traveled inside the wall.
  9. C317414

The only drain in the kitchen is in the sink, and there's no evidence of a backup. The floor has clear evidence that water sat on top of it, so I do not think this was cased by moisture in the crawl-space related. In any case, I plan on going down in the crawlspace later today. Thanks.
  10. C317414

Hello, We were gone from our home for a few months. We arrived yesterday to a dry, but water-damaged hardwood floor in the kitchen. It is obvious that water sat on the floor for a while. While we were gone, we had the water turned off. Outside temperatures dropped below freezing a number...
  11. C317414

Dishwasher Smell

Followup - The issue was the water heater I sanitized the water heater with Hydrogen Peroxide, and that did not work. Then, I followed Bradford White's sanitizing procedure that uses chlorine. This did the trick; no more dishwasher smell...
  12. C317414

Dishwasher Smell

Hello, I'm looking for some advice. We have a fairly new Samsung dishwasher that leaves dishes smelling bad: - The smell seems to occur during the air dry cycle. If I stop the washer right before the dry cycle and pull the wet dishes out, they have no smell. - The small water residue...
  13. C317414

Water Heater Vacation Setting vs. Pilot

I've had bad experiences with turning the water heater off, or leaving it in vacation mode for an extended period. My old heater developed a smell after being shut off for three months. I replaced the water heater for a different reason, and replaced the consumable anode in the new heater...
  14. C317414

P-trap Away From Sink?

I have no doubt it will work, but had not considered smell issues; thanks. My question is whether this is OK from a code perspective.
  15. C317414

P-trap Away From Sink?

Here's a poorly done sketch, looking down at the sink. The sink has 2 basins, the left is larger than the right. The P-trap is oriented horizontally at the back of the cabinet. The garbage disposal connects to the drain right below the right sink basin with a garbage disposal T. Below this T...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks