Recent content by C Wolford

1. C Wolford

Re piping house with PEX moving ALL supply from crawl to Plumbing chase/ cabinet toe kicks?

the pipes ATM in the crawl are mounted to the bottom of the joists, not between the insulation and sub floor. The crawl is 18" deep + the room between the 2x6 or 2x8 joists. Not a lot of room. Running pipes under the insulation and sub floor If I go that way will be not fun because all the...
  2. C Wolford

Re piping house with PEX moving ALL supply from crawl to Plumbing chase/ cabinet toe kicks?

Anyone is this just a bad idea? I am ready to start, I had planed on running in the crawl, got my pipe insulation and all, But then as I was cutting drywall to mount the new washer supply box and It hit me what I could do.
  3. C Wolford

Question about moving pressure gauges for better reading

after reading the comments, and my own current thoughts on dead legs and questions I had about them. It hit me I was creating a dead leg, as dittohead pointed out. I think this is what Reach4 was gettting at with "provision for sanitizing". It seems this Idea is a good one, but may require more...
  4. C Wolford

Question about moving pressure gauges for better reading

Installing water filter, with bypass. I have a 2 T(s) I will be putting pressure gauges in one before and one after. instead of screwing the gauge in to the T with an adapter, could I run pex line from that T where I would have the pressure gauges installed, to another spot a few feet away...
  5. C Wolford

I can bring all my pipes into the thermal envelop of my house aka not in the crawl space. I just don’t know if it would be considered workmanship like. Looking on input. House Layout, and idea: (has image) The part of the house in question is the kitchen, laundry room, bathroom. They are all...
  6. C Wolford

PEX question, also new product you should see!

Thanks for the reply Terry. I appropriate the feed back.
  7. C Wolford

Female plastic thread, Brass or plastic nipple? no o-ring needs ptfe tape

Thanks for the info, I just looked at that diagram, and I could not help but laugh, I just assumed it depicted a correct 3 valve bypass, I was using it to compare the two. Goes to show what they know lol. Questions if you don't mind. Outside of the fact that they have shown complete...
  8. C Wolford

Thanks for the reply. I have a 950 sq foot 1 bath house. This is on city water, more for the chlorine to help safe guard pex, tho it should not be needed. I thought I knew PVC sch 40 was a no go for inside supply was unsure for sch 80, but it seems my Il code allows it PVC for water...
  9. C Wolford

I got a 1" female plastic thread for a whole house filter Ispring WGB21B Manufacturer says brass is okay, but some people saying the brass + tape cracks the heads. Should I plastic nipple to brass "sharkbite"? or just brass sharkbite? will 1" schedule 80 PVC be okay / legal for this? will...
  10. C Wolford

Re-piping few question, need some one to look at pipe design.

So currently I have water pressure issues, assuming its from old build up in the lines (confirmed this for the hot water adjustment at the shower is broken due to low pressure messing up the pressure balance valve ), also maybe from line layout design. If tub is fill or shower is on and I turn...
  11. C Wolford

Sizing of tankless water heater. Few questions.

I was looking at energy saving devices like this, but still have to research them more. The water heater is on the top of the todo list, its from 1984 XD. was not working well when I moved in cold shower in 2-3 mins. I had to rewire its insides. It had melted black wires, also needed a lower...
  12. C Wolford

PEX question, also new product you should see!

The new product is the Sioux Chief omega plate and Omini panel. I think some of you in the trade may find it useful, if you have not seen them yet. my PEX question, most know about the the all the lawsuits in PEX. They have most the issues worked out and are giving 25 year warranty. My thing is...
  13. C Wolford

Thats what I was afraid of. Seems I got some more reading to do pro vs cons of tank to tankless. I wanted the nice endless hot, on demand, savings etc... but it seems it needs a huge one to do a small 4 person house at least in the winter when the temps are down. Thanks for the time and for...
  14. C Wolford

DWV Help! please.

I get the basics of how vents work and think there is some ways things could be done better, and from what I have seen different code systems seems to accommodated different setups. Thing is the code in Il states the main house drain need to be vented out the house. with a min of 3" none the...
  15. C Wolford

I am on city water. treatment plant is 7 miles away. 1st when I was looking in to this last year, I found at winter my TAP water was coming in at 36-46 can't remember. Not sure if there water treatment company would have a log. The thing is on all the ground water maps I am close to the line of...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks