Recent content by Byron1

1. Byron1

Shallow well

Shallow well all done! Hi Guy's, I have finally got everything plumbed and installed. I have used to well several times now to water my lawn, It has run flawless. I have ran the pump for a couple of hours up to 5 hours watering my lawn with no problems what so ever. I want to thank all of...
  2. Byron1

Shallow well

Sounds Good, i'll try to develop the well more. I did run the pump a few more times today. I didnt check it for fine sand. Tomorrow i'll run it again. I will do short bursts of running the pump and opening the system to see if that helps. Byron
  3. Byron1

Shallow well

4 hours of pumping the well! It's been 4 hours of pumping the well, I have hung around checking on it, it is pumping great, I do notice just a little sand not much I don't think it is to be concerned with. Sammy What do you think. any suggestions from anyone or other steps to take. Byron
  4. Byron1

Shallow well

I am hoping for enough water to water my lawn, I don't know what a good flow is or a bad flow is, if a 1/2 horse power pump is fine thats pumps 5 gallons in just under a minute then thats what i'll use, if I need a pump thats bigger then i'll have to save up for awhile and get a bigger pump. I...
  5. Byron1

Shallow well

Cool tips, i'll run it tomorrow and see, also I was doing some gpm test today. I used the pitcher pump and could pump 5 gallons in 72 seconds. with the electric pump I could pump 5 gallons in under a minute, what do you think, I got the pump for free, I used it to pump out my well and noticed...
  6. Byron1

Shallow well

Sammy, Bob, and who ever else, To clorinate the system do I need to put some type of injection system inline with the pump. I have never heard of this type of treatment for a well. could you give more info on it please. I will run the pump tomorrow for 4 hours. Anything I should look for...
  7. Byron1

Shallow well

GPM test Ok, I have done a gpm test with the pitcher pump. I can fill the 5 gallon bucket in 1 minute and 12 seconds. or 72 seconds. What is my net step? Byron
  8. Byron1

Shallow well

Clear Refreshing WATER! WATER! Ok Boys, listen up I have used the pitcher pump for the last time I hope! I got er' going and hooked up the electric pump and away she went. The water finally cleared up, I lost count with the hand pump for gallons, but I ran the electric pump for a hour with...
  9. Byron1

Shallow well

Electric pump Sammy, I have 2 electric pumps that a friend gave me for the shallow well They are both wayne 1/2 horse power pumps one is used and the other looks to be near new, could I use one of these! Byron
  10. Byron1

Shallow well

Gas powered pump I will do a quick review. I have put in the shallow well in the basement at a depth of 23 feet. I do get get water flow with sand. the gas pump is outside and another 6 1/2 feet higher up. That puts the pump at almost 30 feet that it is trying to pull from, maybe I can get...
  11. Byron1

Shallow well

Hand pump I have used the pitcher pump today. I pumped into a 100 gallon water troft and then pumped it out with the gas pump. I have pumped almost 200 gallons today. I am tired, maybe tomorrw i'll hit it again. I have water and sand mix still. Good flow of water though. Byron
  12. Byron1

Shallow well

Ok guy's, I am going to spend many hours of pumping tomorrow, I might look into hooking up the pitcher pump on the gas pump with a tee, not sure if it will work though, I will be way over the 25 foot suction mark of the hand pump. So i'll check in from time to time with updates and see if I...
  13. Byron1

Shallow well

I don't think I am getting hung up. I have a total of 23 feet of pipe in the ground, 20 of it is the pipe its self the other 3 feet is the point, So if I measure down 21 feet 5 inches I know I am past the pipe and into the piont atleast 12 inches. I use both a tape measure and a string line...
  14. Byron1

Shallow well

Also measured down again with the tape measure I am now at 21 feet 5 inches. So I gained 5 inches of clean out with the hand pump, so another 17 inches of clean out and should be good, thats if no ohter sand gets sucked in. Any comments Byron
  15. Byron1

Shallow well

I used the pitcher pump with the check valve and pumped up the water, put on the suction hose filled that with water then primed the pump. fired it up. Nothing. Its a old pump could have bad seals. I'll do the hand pump for a while. Thanks Byron
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks