Recent content by burdick101

1. B

How far can a vent run Horizontal

Never mind, just found it... UPC 904.2... But it says: "904.2 No more than one-third (1/3) of the total permitted length, per Table 7-5, of any minimum sized vent shall be installed in a horizontal position. Exception: When a minimum sized vent is increased one (1) pipe size for its...
  2. B

I'm sorry, now I think I just got confused. Terry, did you just nix what the others were saying? Perhaps you could point me in the direction of the code far that horizontal vent code? Thanks Nick
  3. B

Plumbing Supply House

This is again a little OT, but something I'm really curious about. Here is Seattle, the Lowe's and Home Depot near my house doesn't carry 4" PVC DWV Pipe or 4" DWV fittings. I find that really strange! :confused: The guy in the plumbing department even thought it was weird.... man I hate Home...
  4. B

Thanks for your help. One more follow-up question. Can I change direction on during that long horizontal run (either Y or Z in the previous picture) as long as I keep that 1/4 per foot drop for condensate? I'm probably making more trouble for myself and ought to just run a new vent pipe...
  5. B

I apologize if this is a stupid question, but I'm having trouble figuring out the answer from my books and code checks, so here goes: How far can a vent run horizontal once it get up above your fixtures? For example in the attached picture: 1) as far as I can tell, Distance "X" needs to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks