Recent content by BullheadPond

1. BullheadPond

Water Softener

IS there small water softener that won;t break the bank ? We only have 2 people in the house. Not sure what size i would need to get. Have hard water and iron taste in water. I currently run 2 Omni t01 filters inline and the taste and smell will be fine for about 3 weeks then i need to...
  2. BullheadPond

Air in tank

no idea. on the 3/4 " foot valve. Not sure what you mean by leak proof connection at the sand point. It's driven into the ground. the pipe must have a very small leak in the ground letting it loose prime overnight. That's why I thought about just putting a pipe inside of a pipe. Its just for...
  3. BullheadPond

Air in tank

or can i do the 3/4 all the way down the 1 1/4 inch pipe then go into the pump? the pump has a one inch inlet. Any for seen problems with either of these options? Wasn't sure if the 3/4 inch pipe would be too small for the pumps suction?
  4. BullheadPond

Air in tank

Maybe i should just do the one inch pipe down the 1 1/4 inch pipe and put the check valve at the top of the pipe before it goes into the pump? Should still work right?
  5. BullheadPond

Air in tank

Can you put a 3/4 " foot valve in a well and attach it to a 1 " pipe for suction to the pump? Or does the foot valve have to be the same size as the pipe going down the well?
  6. BullheadPond

Air in tank

Water comes out of the faucet when you first turn it on . After about 2gallons comes out the pump turns on. Then the water stops coming out and the pump is still running. Then the pressure gauge drops to zero. Pump is still running after 30 seconds or so the water starts coming out again ...
  7. BullheadPond

1 1/4 to 1 inch

What if i put the one inch pvc down the pipe and use a 1 inch check valve when it comes out the the 1 1/4 pipe? does anyone make a one 1/1/4 inch seal or would i need to just make one myself?
  8. BullheadPond

Air in tank

the pump seems to run fine during zero pressure just takes about 30 seconds to bring up water.
  9. BullheadPond

1 1/4 to 1 inch

Just had a thought. I have 1 1/4 " steel shallow well pipe with a sand point attached to my pump. If i needed to could i drop a 1 inch pvc pipe with a foot valve into the 1 1/4 steel pipe, hook that up to my pump and pull water that way?
  10. BullheadPond

Air in tank

Hi you guys help me with a few questions in the past. I am the guy with the Drumond pump. I have everything hooked up. After i got it primed which was no problem at all i had a few leaks at the union. Got those fixed. The pump seems to hold pressure overnight and during the day without kicking...
  11. BullheadPond

Pump acting weird?

I am not following you ? Does this mean you can not use teflon tape or pipe dope on a union ? The union is between the pump and the check valve . How else would you get the pump disconnected if you need to?
  12. BullheadPond

Pump acting weird?

Can you use teflon tape and pioe dooe on a union that is leaking?
  13. BullheadPond

Pump acting weird?

pump is 120 setup is for 120
  14. BullheadPond

Pump acting weird?

What do you mean by the union and check valve explains the cycling? The pump did not start only the one time , has been starting ever since. Just can;t figure out why water comes out at first then stops and then builds pressure again and starts pumping water.
  15. BullheadPond

Pump acting weird?

check valve is horizontal before the union Pump is new. Check valve is horizontal before the union. See ruff drawing. When I drop a string down the pipe there is 8-9ft of water in the pipe.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks