Recent content by btPlumber

1. btPlumber

Sediment in need shower head

The tank and all internal components are 316 stainless. I was wondering of a high ph would corrode SS – I then found a paper that looked at minimizing corrosion of 316 ss for water piping in nuclear rectors – they recommended an even higher ph of 11 - so it doesn't seem like the tank or drip...
  2. btPlumber

I was surprised how high it was - I checked it a number of times to be sure. This is what they publish on the MWRA site: What is the pH of MWRA drinking water? MWRA treats its drinking water so that it has a pH of approximately 9.0-9.5, a slightly alkaline measurement. This pH level helps to...
  3. btPlumber

My tank is a 50 gal heat-flow: https://www.heat-flo.com/products/indirect-water-heaters - in service since 2005 - sediment issue cropped up in the last year. The current model does show a sacrificial rod - black cap above the aquastat well - mine doesn't have this cap - perhaps it's under the...
  4. btPlumber

I just opened the drain valve - but didn't see any sediment / rust etc.
  5. btPlumber

I haven't done a full water test but when testing with a pool water test, the hardness is nearly zero - my Ph is rather high at 9.2. I'm not the MWRA (Boston Ma) and this correlates with what they publish. They say the high Ph is to avoid corrosion.
  6. btPlumber

I have a stainless steel indirect hot water tank with a stainless coil - I didn't think it would react / cause scale. Could the trip tube be made of something sacrificial?
  7. btPlumber

I'm having the same problem. City very soft city water and a 1 micro whole house filter. I have a stainless indirect water heater with 15 yr old uponor pex and copper. I've flushed lines and my water heater. It started about 1 yr ago and the heads clog within about 1 mo - depending on usage...
  8. btPlumber

Backwashing a Manganese / Iron filter to septic

thanks for the links! Interesting comment - I’ll check the typical leach depth here.
  9. btPlumber

Thanks for your input. Just as the softener water is not good for the plants I would guess it’s not great for septic digestion. Since I’m in a cold climate the top of the drywall would need to be 4 down and would require a penetration in the foundation - that’s going to do a lot of damage to...
  10. btPlumber

I have a minor iron / Manganese problem but no smell or taste issues. Recent water test: 142 mg/l (ppm) hardness Iron .071 mg/L Manganese .095 mg/L I’ve purchased a Pro-Aqua filter...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks