Recent content by btables

1. B

Chlorine removal POE vs POU

I've recently moved into a new built house and I'm installing a water softener now. I also notice that when taking a shower it has a slight smell of chlorine. I don't notice it when drinking because we have filtered water from the fridge. I'm wondering if I should install a POE system so the...
  2. B

Fleck 7000 Installation Questions

Thanks for all the great advice. I'm going ahead and ordering what you suggested with the 90 degree connection. As far as connecting the softener to my 1" PEX line, do the SharkBite fasteners work well? I don't have PEX crimpers and such so I was wondering if those "tool-less" fasteners work...
  3. B

Thanks, I appreciate that! I didn't realize the real world capacity was that much lower. I'll go with the 2 cu. ft. unit instead. I'll be connecting it into my 1" PEX line so I should choose the Noryl 1" Male NPT connection, correct? How does this look for options? Should I change the...
  4. B

We just finished building our new house and moved in. I need to get a water softener. I'm on city water and the water quality is 17 GPG, iron is at 0.1 ppm, Calcium 210 ppm, Magnesium 210 ppm and Manganese is 0.056 ppm. After reading through these forums and doing some research I think I'm...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks