Recent content by BSwanson

1. BSwanson

My Toto Drake is making noise

I installed my Drake in 2006 after researching the best toilets and finding this site. Thank you for your help. I have since put them in all of my rentals as well. Now I hear a bearly audible leaking sound. I replaced the flapper, and cleaned the area where it flaps and it stopped for a...
  2. BSwanson

Rough in 1/2 too short: Offset or Caroma?

The Toto Aquia II that I bought for my rehab bathroom doesn't fit by 1/2 in (the rough in is 11 1/2). I was hoping I could wiggle it enough, but no go. I could go on about how the contractor did this and I should have skinned him alive, but I still have to fix it. The floor is tiled and ready...
  3. BSwanson

Wanted Toto's best for Rental Unit

I have a 4-plex and it's time to go low flo. One old unit has a big footprint, so I need a Toto that will cover well, it can be elongated. The other unit needs a petit unit. Which one? Drake it too big, I love mine at home. Please help me pick out the best choices. Betsy
  4. BSwanson

Quality Trip Lever Replacement for Drake

When the plastic lever locking nut split on my Toto Drake, I looked at replacement levers that were quite nice at Lowe's. All the nuts were plastic in the replacement levers. I did replace the nut, but it does loosen, so I wouldn't mind getting a nicer lever. Can I use any side mount or...
  5. BSwanson

Four bolt toilet

The old four on the floor bolt toilets- are they all 14 in rough ins too? I was wondering if there is a way to know before pulling up the fixture. The bolts are 12 and 16 in from the wall.
  6. BSwanson

Time to Choose a Toilet Need Advice!

The only way to move it - it's cast iron in fine shape - is to use an offset flange. Is that a workable solution?
  7. BSwanson

Time to Choose a Toilet Need Advice!

I have a small "50's bathroom that has the toilet very close to the tub. The toilet is a 14 in rough in and has to be replaced. Money is an issue, so I can't go crazy. I would like a short toilet - wall to front edge -so you can get in the tub - and a good flush. My plumbing store says...
  8. BSwanson

Toto Drake, or ?

Toto Drake lo flo This middle aged woman replaced her toilet (2 piece is easier) with a lo flo Drake. I love it. It also has an offset flange because of a contracter error. There is no problem at all with flush, even with the offset. I would get the sani flush option. I just measured my...
  9. BSwanson

Install Question

Drake Tank I just checked my Toto Drake, and the tank is "snug". Try the tank install again from the beginning, something might have misallaigned. It's worth it. You are gonna love this toilet.
  10. BSwanson

Help! Tub Install

I have a great tub from Kohler (lightweight acrylic), It looks like it just clips to the wall, and sits in a bed of mortar for stability. Is it possible it doesn't requrie a ledger board? Please help!
  11. BSwanson

Kohler Performa tub - No ledger board?

I am ready to set the new tub. I expected to need a ledger board around the edge, but that is not in the instructions, and the tub edge has acrylic supports that would be in the way of a standard ledger. Am I missing something? Since this will be set in mortar, I want it to be perfect the...
  12. BSwanson

How's black?

Black Sinks All the folks I know with intense colors in the bath or kitchen fall out of love with them in a few years. Black, and other dark colors, do show spots if not polished each time they are used. How about picking strong colors for the walls and towels? They are easy to change....
  13. BSwanson

Flange with bolts outside

OOps, I mean a toilet flange. The one I removed (all rusted) was on the outside.
  14. BSwanson

Flange with bolts outside

I need a new flange for a cast iron soil pipe. One option is a cast iron flange that fits outside the 4in pipe and has four bolts tighten a rubber gasket against the pipe. Is that a better solution when I replace the flange?
  15. BSwanson

Cast Iron or PVC Flange?

I need to replace two flanges. Is PVC better than Cast? Are they had to get in the cast pipe?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks