Recent content by BRycraft

1. BRycraft

Vent line thru multiple king studs/top plate.

Quick question does the waste arm from the sink to the Sanitary T have to be a straight shot or can I after it leaves the trap head back towards the wall and curve over towards the T, not a sharp 90 but something gradual so I can get that waste pipe to the back wall. I also understand the bottom...
  2. BRycraft

Thank you so much fo taking the time helping me out.. Awesome.. Bill
  3. BRycraft

I will and because that area at the window corner is actually exposed backsplash and any protruding pipes would look horrible, so running with your original idea, this saves me from going around studs and going thru them, very well thought out idea and I greatly appreciate the time it takes to...
  4. BRycraft

No he unfortunately didn't, the plug from the hot tub was a GFCI plug, it required a ground wire back to the service panel to function safely.. Then he used blue and yellow wires, (WHAT), yellow is usually a switching wire and blue is generally travelers for 3 way wiring.. Maybe he didn't have...
  5. BRycraft

I am now planning on running the drain vent on the left side of the window and not drill thru any studs except the top plate.. I have a farm sink so its going to sit lower then a traditional sink. I am going to do as you suggested, place a sanitary T on the other side of the king studs and place...
  6. BRycraft

No I am not looking to go thru studs if that violates any codes building or plumbing, especially if it weakens the structure. If code allowed it then I would have no problem but at this point I believe going around the stud is the best and safest option. Thanks so much for the help, greatly...
  7. BRycraft

I think I understand so I included a photo of what my interpretation of Cacher_Checks idea. My actual drain would be 43 inches from the center of my sink to the left. Being this is a slab and nothing has been broken up yet my options are still open. This would be possible as actually the supply...
  8. BRycraft

Yes my window is preventing that its 72" and a sink base of 36" on center if I had the drain and vent as far off to the side as possible it would be 18" closer to the side of the window but still 18" away from going straight up. Would running that piece on as much of an angle be better then...
  9. BRycraft

I do I just don't understand the 45 deg comment, so I can run it on the outside the wall in the back of the cabinets but it can be horizontal from the from left to right as it passes over the studs but it can't have slope?
  10. BRycraft

Even with a total run of pipe vertical and horizontal about 30 feet? I just want to prevent any slow draining or gurgling from a vent that is at its limit?
  11. BRycraft

I am not quite following you about the less then 45 deg, between the sink and the vertical riser going thru the ceiling that can be horizontal? but it can't be sloped as much as I can to clear the window? I thought as long as it was sloped so any water that gets in the line can make its way to...
  12. BRycraft

I had considered it my first option but was told they are strictly prohibited in my town and should we ever sell it won't pass inspection. The other option I was given was loop back the vent in the floor to the vent the sink is currently connected to. Was told again not allowed.. This is why I...
  13. BRycraft

I have been reading a lot of the Q&A on this forum, looking thru plumbing and building codes trying to educate myself, and have a dilemma that I have not been able to find an answer for. Currently I am moving a kitchen sink about 7 feet to center under a window thats about 72" wide. I am going...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks