Recent content by Bruce Garrison

1. Bruce Garrison

? about new water heater. No rotten egg smell?

I know this is an old thread, but it comes up when searching for info about electric anode rods. I wanted to point out that the Air Force report (permalinked as the original link now requires some military subscription to access) Reach4 referenced earlier in post #20 does state in its...
  2. Bruce Garrison

What size PEX for supply lines?

And FWIW, if you have to use PEX-B, the metal fittings are slightly larger than the plastic ones. IMHO in the day, no one is restricted any longer to using what is on the shelf.
  3. Bruce Garrison

What size PEX for supply lines?

My experience says that PEX-B with compression fittings is not an adequate substitute. They are horrible. The flow is atrocious. Look at page 6 of this and you will see that there is a 40% (!) reduction in flow.
  4. Bruce Garrison

3/8" supply line to house, 1/2" manifold for homeruns?

BTW if you are using PEX supply lines, don't make the mistake I did and use the standard PEX-B compression fittings that they sell at the big box stores. The flow is atrocious. Special order or go to a supply house and get PEX-A and use expansion fittings. The difference is more than noticeable...
  5. Bruce Garrison

3/8" supply line to house, 1/2" manifold for homeruns?

3/8" is really small. I think you need to double-check what your supply line size is. I have a 2" copper pipe for my whole building that branches to a 3/4" for my unit. The PEX manifolds I use are 3/4" that branch to 1/2" for each fixture.
  6. Bruce Garrison

Converting downstairs living room to bedroom suite

I am adding a bathroom downstairs in my townhouse, and I wanted to know if I had properly drawn up the drain and vent lines. I wet vent the water closet to the waste stack from upstairs. I included the rough before and after floorplans. I use an AAV at one point as I am not allowed to create any...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks