Recent content by brownmc

1. brownmc

Down vent?

I am removing batt insulation from my box sill and came a crossed this. It says down vent on the inside of the fitting. Any idea what it is for? It is between the laundry and kitchen sink. The plumbing in the basement is roughed in and the down vent is in the general area of the rough in...
  2. brownmc

Adding utility sink to laundry room

Okay thank you, so if I use the double fixture fitting both the washing machine and sink can share the existing vent?
  3. brownmc

Does that additional vent need tied in within a certain distance? Stand pipe height on the washer is 32''? Anything I need to know about the height for the laundry sink drain?
  4. brownmc

Excellent and thank you. Any idea on that capped pipe? Should it be tied in? Have you seen anything like this before? Perhaps a plumber taking a short cut?
  5. brownmc

Here is what I am picturing provided that the capped pipe does need to be tied into the existing vent.
  6. brownmc

I couldn't rotate the thing, sorry
  7. brownmc

The capped pipes are for a basement bath: sink, toilet, shower, vent as the are labeled from right to left in that picture. The washing machine from above does dump into the waste side not into this vent coming out of the basement floor. They run very close to one another which might make the...
  8. brownmc

Here is a picture of the cap on the mystery pipe in the wall and my basement rough in which isn't far from the vertical pipe coming out of the concrete. I know I had originally said I could just dump the washer into the laundry sink but really id like to put the laundry box behind the washer and...
  9. brownmc

Thanks for the replies thus far. I was finally able to open up the wall. What I found looks pretty straight forward. However, there is a pipe coming out of the basement floor, into the wall (on the left), and capped. I do not understand the purpose of this pipe. I was thinking it was the...
  10. brownmc

I guess I can't picture how I would vent the existing stand pipe as there is very little room to work with
  11. brownmc

Thank you for your reply. Oddly enough that photo you shared is one I found doing a google image search. I can't wrap my head around how to make that work in my configuration. I've made a crude edit to these photos, hope it helps and doesn't insulate anyone's intelligence.
  12. brownmc

Hello, my name is Matt. First time caller... I have seen similar questions to mine posed but not exact. This is on a ranch home built in 2006 with open access to unfinished basement. I currently have top load washer, I am getting a stackable washer/ dryer. I would like to put a utility sink...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks