Recent content by Brother Jack

1. Brother Jack

Chemical Injection Tee

I've had it for three years and not a drop of a leak. The fixture is very stout and I'm not sure where a leak would even develop. How you tie it in toyour line is up to you. Since I have copper, I used the sharkbites for space saving and fairly easy on and off if needed. My system is for...
  2. Brother Jack

Chemical Injection Tee

I inject H2O2 from a Stenner Pump. My well line is 1" copper. For my injection point I used an inline static mixer. https://www.aquascience.net/johnson-screens-inline-static-mixer-3-25-gpm The product is a very heavy PVC and I used Sharkbite fittings on each end to connect to my copper. You...
  3. Brother Jack

Problem Backwashing Fleck 5800 SXT

Pistons and seals arrived a couple days early as did a tube of Dow release 7. Got to install them today and all is well and back to normal. As always thank you for your help and suggestions.
  4. Brother Jack

Looks like I'll be rebuilding the head with new pistons and seals as two are essentially seized and the other almost as bad. I could probably clean them up and lubricate but some of the outer O rings are on their way out and some of the teflon is starting to peel. When I install the new piston...
  5. Brother Jack

Thanks Reach. I've taken one of the heads apart and looked at the areas you mentioned and for the most part they are clean. My DLFC is a shared part for all three units and that is clear also. I did not expect any problems in those areas as the Rapid Rinse has no issues using the same drainage...
  6. Brother Jack

I have an Iron filter on my well that I use for irrigation. It is a triplex system with KL media and a Fleck 5800SXT head. The system also uses H2O2 for constant regeneration. I use the system for approximately 6 months of the year with a weekly backwash when the system is idle in the off...
  7. Brother Jack

Iron filter for irrigation system

Reach....you might be referring to my thread a couple years ago. System still works fairly well. Have modified a bit by adding H2O2 injection. Still get some bleed thru of iron (1.5ppm)but not near the amount of the raw water almost 8ppm. This is used for irrigation only and pumps close to 15...
  8. Brother Jack

Irrigation Well Iron removal system recommendations ***UPDATE***

*****UPDATE***** I wanted to report back here on my Iron removal filter. Last Fall based on the excellent feedback I got on this board, I decided on a Tri-Plex setup using 3 1652 tanks with 3CF of KL each and a Fleck 5800 SXT controller in filter mode. By the time the equipment arrived...
  9. Brother Jack

Is it just me? Sometimes no result posts.

as a recent internet "researcher" trying to solve my issue I know exactly what you are saying. Very frustrating reading through a couple of pages of posts thinking you might be reading about a solution and then it stops. I came across this over and over again. That's not to say I didn't pick...
  10. Brother Jack

Yes Gary everything is in the basement. Plumbing should be pretty straight forward. You're right about the drop off from the filter(s). I anticipate this will be the case. I should be able to do all that you mention.Each sprinkler head has a replaceable plastic nozzle that you change out to add...
  11. Brother Jack

I am truly humbled at how much help you guys are. I can't believe the great information you are providing. EVERYONE thank you for all of your thoughts so far.....:)
  12. Brother Jack

First, thank you for your comments and thoughts on this . RE: backwash discharge....In the area I have the well tank and plumbing and plan to install the filter system...is the same area I used to have my laundry. There is a discharge drain for a laundry pit that is no longer used. It's going...
  13. Brother Jack

John not redundant at all. I really appreciate your thoughts on this.
  14. Brother Jack

thanks Bannerman. yes I've seen that. I've spent a lot of time reading posts on this board forum and it's been great. I saw that link in other posts here. there is also this one...http://www.purewaterproducts.com/img/docs/manuals/Katalox-Light.pdf It's been pointed out to me that the spec...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks