Recent content by Brookie the Rookie

1. Brookie the Rookie

Four Hot Water Pipe Insulation Questions

Insulating the water pipes in our crawlspace is the first project I've been "allowed" to do without the fella (mostly) standing in the way. Because it's my first and only project I've been granted to do without him taking over, I want to do a stellar job. Because of that, I have four queries in...
  2. Brookie the Rookie

Which Pipes Are the Water Pipes I Insulate?

@jadnashua I really appreciate reading that I have your blessing to insulate both the cold and hot water pipes. While I have no clue how well the crawlspace is sealed, I'm not sure it will do any harm to just go for it with insulating both pipes--at least I'm going to pretend that's the case...
  3. Brookie the Rookie

@Reach4 Great tip! Even as a human with exactly no experience in the pipe world, I had made a comment that it didn't look right to have those pipes drooping like they are, so thank you for making me feel smart. ;) As I tackle this project, I will absolutely implement your knowledge and ensure...
  4. Brookie the Rookie

Hi! I'm so thankful this forum exists. We need to insulate the water pipes in our crawl space, and I was told it's easy enough to do by myself, however, when I went into the crawl space to get general measurements in order to purchase the correct amount of insulation, I was bombarded with a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks