Recent content by Bronsonb

1. Bronsonb

Toto Aquia dual flush toilet product review, comments and posts.

Hi there. Not a plumber, but I happen to have the same toilet installed. I measured behind mine, and in that "cut out" area in the back (just above that "foot" at the base) it's about 6.75" from the wall to the back of the toilet. Sounds like the nipple would fit, but I don't know if you'd have...
  2. Bronsonb

Tub Drain: Solvent Weld vs. Slip Joint

Thanks again for the tips Jim. This will actually be the third time I've used SLC. I remember being completely terrified of it the first time I used it. I tried to get the "ES" (extended set) version, but no one stocked it and all of the suppliers kept talking me out of it. So I recruited a...
  3. Bronsonb

That's actually the way I was thinking about doing it. I figured I'll have to measure a few times to make sure I have it all in the right place. I do like the idea of installing the drain and getting all the solvent welds done BEFORE setting the tub as it will be SO much easier to work without...
  4. Bronsonb

Thanks Jim! I am actually pouring SLC for the entire bath floor. I had one joist that was crowned, and I was able to plane it down, but then another joist was a tad low. The floor is not bad, but it is not 100% level. I'm investing in a few bags of SLC to make it level. I don't want to have...
  5. Bronsonb

Hi All- We're in the midst of updating our bathroom and replacing all fixtures. We have a new jetted tub on the way to replace the old cast iron behemoth that is currently sitting in pieces next to my garage awaiting a trip to the recycling center. New tub is the same size as the old tub...
  6. Bronsonb

Toto Aquia 10" rough - will it work with 10 7/8" CST412MF.10

Sounds like you might have done the tour, Gary! If I can get a weekend tour, that would great. Morrow is catty-corner across metro Atlanta from where I live, so getting there on a weekday afternoon would be difficult. I'm going to se what I can work out though.
  7. Bronsonb

I must admit that I didn't know that. It's nice to support locally designed (and perhaps made) products! Perhaps it's time to take my cub scouts on a tour of a toilet factory. I'm in Marietta, so I'll have to see how far of a drive it is. Might be a neat deal if they offer factory tours ;-).
  8. Bronsonb

Thanks for the information Terry. This is good to know, but to be honest, now that we've seen the Aquia, we LOVE the look. The skirted front will be very nice, and my wife is excited about it. We've got one on order, and I also found out that my water provider will give us a $100 rebate after we...
  9. Bronsonb

Thanks Gary for the prompt reply! I am much relieved. When I pulled up the installation instructions for the Toto, it said "exactly 10" " and didn't mention "at least" :-), so I was a bit worried that perhaps the tank needed to use the wall for support, which would make it an awfully weak...
  10. Bronsonb

We are updating our shower and adding tile to our bathroom walls. with these changes, we are ending up with a toilet flange that will be 10 7/8 approximately from the finished wall. Obviously, a 12" rough in toilet won't work. Is there a problem using a 10" rough in toilet? We like the Toto...
  11. Bronsonb

Rust under sink faucet handles

No putty installed yet. Thanks for the tip. We're trying to locate the owners manual but not having luck yet.
  12. Bronsonb

Hi Redwood! Thanks for the input. I cannot recall the brand but will have a search of the files completed to see what info is available from this work. I believe all of the warranty info was saved. I think it's a Lowe's store brand. I was wondering if we should have put plumbers putty...
  13. Bronsonb

All- I'm dealing with a strange situation here. I have a pedestal sink in the master bath. The faucets were installed about 5 years ago. We've had a problem with rust forming under the outer edge of the cold water handle. Now it's started forming around the hot water handle as well. I have...
  14. Bronsonb

Kitchen Cabinets

Cabinets Hey - Good luck with the cabinets no matter what you do...and thank you for your military service from a grateful citizen! We redid our kitchen last year with KraftMaid. If you go through the big box stores, after they give you the final price, ask for 10% off of that. I've been...
  15. Bronsonb

I would like to know which SEER of AC and BRAND to buy

I like Trane...but it's just a personal preference I'm not a professional, but I've had Trane systems in several of my homes, and they have been very reliable and trouble-free. Recently, in our new home (well, new to us, but still 30 years old), we replaced the first floor HVAC system. One...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks