Recent content by BrianP

1. BrianP

anyone familiar with outdoor sump pits?

Older house with an outdoor sump pit. Access is via a manhole cover and the pit is about 12 feet deep. There is a pump suspended into the pit. There is a floor drain in the basement that is connected to this pit. Of course if the pump fails, water backs up into the basement. Not sure why...
  2. BrianP

Sump Pump Question

Help me understand what happened. Have a pump with a "built in" check valve which is basically a rubber disk that fits inside the discharge and is held in place when the discharge pipe is attached. I inadverently left the rubber check valve out when I first installed it and upon plugging it...
  3. BrianP

Outside Dry well

Older farm house. Foundation drainage and gray water both drain into an outdoor drywell. The drywell is about 12' deep and is accessed via a manhole cover. There is also a floor drain in the basement that connects to the well. At one time, there was a pedestal pump which stopped working and...
  4. BrianP

Resdential metering valves for toilets

IS there any such thing? I'm on well and septic and the toilet was running the other day for a few hours. Fortuantely, I was home and noticed it before the septic filled up completely and the well pump kept cycling. I know there are metered flush valves for commerical toilets but can't find...
  5. BrianP

Galvanized Tank Question

Got it. I do know how the AVC works. It worked everytime under the "old" system bleeding off the excess air put in by the air maker system each time the pump went on. I'm just pissed now that I went from a basically maintenace free tank situation to one where I periodically have to check...
  6. BrianP

Galvanized Tank Question

Thanks Texas Wellman. Maybe I'm jumping the gun here. What's the best way to determine when it's time to add air? And when I do add air, do I need to drain down the tank or can I add air with some water still in the tank. thanks
  7. BrianP

Galvanized Tank Question

It sounds like if I don't stay on top on this on a regular basis I will have problems. I should have insisted the well guy put the bleeder valve in like the old one dispite what he told me that it wasn't a good idea. I think he was hoping to sell me a new bladder tank at the same time. Any...
  8. BrianP

Galvanized Tank Question

Thanks Valveman. So the fact that the tank is at 2/3rds water is indicating a problem? Also, I don't have an actual guage on the top. It's like a tire valve that I can check with a tire guage. That's the one he told me should remain around 20lbs regardless of the overall pressure of the...
  9. BrianP

Galvanized Tank Question

First off, let me apologize in advance for the lenght of this post. Just want to make sure all of the info is here. I Have a 82 gallon galavanized steel tank. Just recently had my 35 year old Red Jacket pump replaced and replaced all the steel piping with PVC pipe. The old system had the...
  10. BrianP

PVC Pipe and Cable cost

What is the going price per foot for Sch 80 PVC and electrical cable that I could expect a contractor to charge in the midwest?
  11. BrianP

Peerless Gas boiler - replacement burner tubes

I have a Peerless installed back in 1978. I need to get a replacement burner tube for it. Where can i find something like that? I need to replace the one that holds the thermo-couple in place.
  12. BrianP

Air Ejector Control

Maybe I'm describing this wrong to you. When the pressure switch turns on after a few seconds you can hear air going into the tank creating a bubbling sound. Water than starts to flow and the bubbling noise stops. Isn't that the air entering the tank? The system I have is very old. The pump...
  13. BrianP

Air Ejector Control

No it looks like a standard check valve. They said the pump makes air when it turns on before the water starts flowing and that is sufficient for the tank.
  14. BrianP

Air Ejector Control

I have a galvanized steel tank which has an air ejector control valve on it. No bladder as the pump makes air. The pressure switch for the pump was set at 30-50. Whenver the pressure got near 30 the air ejector valve opened up and bled off excess air. I understand the valve works on water...
  15. BrianP

Can't find toilet seat!!!!

:mad: I have a Kohler Wellington toilet model K4519 (discontinued model) with a round bowl and I cannot find a toilet seat to fit. Kohler customer service was of no help at all. The standard size round seat you find in the stores is too short. Measuring from the front of the seat to the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks