Recent content by BrianJR

1. BrianJR

Issues with well pump/pressure switch

I can confirm it had a 20 psi differential when it was first installed. I'm not sure when the drift occurred or how quickly it happened. It's held fairly stable at 37/52 over the last 3 months or so. The switch is sitting on a smaller diameter pipe, about 4" in length just at the T where it...
  2. BrianJR

Thanks Reach! Any thoughts on why the pressure switch would have drifted so much after just one year?
  3. BrianJR

Hi folks, I've run into two issues with my well system, and before I bring in the service guys I'd like to have as much information as possible. My home/well are both one year old. When I first moved in, my pressure switch was set to 40/60 psi on/off. However, over time I've noticed it is...
  4. BrianJR

Rheem Hot Water Heat Pump Anode Replacement

Hi Shawn, 1. I didn't know that! It was actually Rheem that told me the anode was replaceable (I called them up). I could understand them voiding the warranty if you removed the anode and didn't replace it. I'm not too concerned and at the end of the day I'd rather have no warranty and water...
  5. BrianJR

I just wanted to give an update to close this thread (for future google searchers). I used a dremel tool to hack off the plastic grey plastic sleeve so that my socket would fit. I can confirm it was just a standard anode rod, so i have replaced it with a powered unit (Corro-Protec CP-R) and the...
  6. BrianJR

That's what I though too. I think I could hack away at the plastic so that my socket will fit. But I'm hoping to confirm that is the anode, since I did find this link online that states the anode is not accessible on Rheem hot water heaters (page3)...
  7. BrianJR

I recently moved into a new construction home with a Rheem hybrid hot water heater (PROPH50 T2 RH350 DC). Unfortunately, my hot water has developed that dreaded sulfur smell so I would like to try replacing the anode in this tank with a powered unit. The manual for the tank says there is an...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks