Recent content by Brian M

1. Brian M

I am looking for a tool to follow wires in a wall.

Yep, back to finding a tool to trace the wires. Since when the gfci trips, nobody can find anything else that does not work. Nobody added into the work. I know the original home owner.
  2. Brian M

2 projects so will keep them separate. The one with a short is kind of new construction. The addition was put on a few years ago. Yes it keeps tripping the breaker. I told my buddy to stop resetting it, hate to have it arcing in the wall somewhere. I will isolate the wires and figure out which...
  3. Brian M

I can handle using it on non energized circuits. How does it handle with a short circuit?? Since it has 2 connections. Sounds like it picks up well through the walls. BTW interesting story with the light switches all over the house. I have 2 no rush projects. One the ground fault keeps...
  4. Brian M

That one caught my eye before I posted here. They have 2 versions a DYI and a PRO. The pro is close to $100 if you look on Amazon. The reviews are 50/50.
  5. Brian M

Live circuits would be fine... It would be a big plus to have the unit detect a short or open.
  6. Brian M

Looking for advice on a sub-panel - 60 or 80 amp?

If it was me... I would run aluminum. They also have mobile home wire 2/2/2/4 IIRC. It probably will be cheaper than copper. Then run a 100 amp sub panel. It would give you more breakers, and may be more cheaper that a 60 or 80 amp box. BTW You need to run 3 wire with ground to a sub panel...
  7. Brian M

Good price... Will look into that one... Thanks.
  8. Brian M

I am very familiar with residential wiring. I see units for anywhere from $20-1500. Some do what I want, some not. I am not a pro so under $100 would be great. I am not going to use it very often. I am not looking for a tone generator for finding the wire from an outlet to a breaker box. If it...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks