Recent content by brewcrew

1. brewcrew

Refridgerator suppy valve

Is there a better fitting that I should use for this application? It seems like that gasket will eventually fail.
  2. brewcrew

It does have the rubber gasket inside, it's just the threads not being a tight fit makes me nervous. So if I use plenty of teflon tape and pipe dope and crank it down till the rubber gasket seats good, it shouldn't leak?
  3. brewcrew

Thanks for your help folks...I have another question: In the photo below is the new valve and fitting I bought. The fitting is a Lasco 1/2in adapter cpvc fitting 4135005GRMC. The threads seem awful loose. Do I just load the brass threads up with teflon tape and pipe dope and tighten the...
  4. brewcrew

So I need a NEW plastic box too? Can I get the box/valve kit at my local big-box store?
  5. brewcrew

Thanks. So would I buy the same kind of shutoff valve that I see supplying my sinks and toilets? Does it just glue directly onto to pipe?
  6. brewcrew

Refrigerator suppy valve I am replacing this valve behind the fridge. It's capped now because the valve won't completely shut off. The supply line is 1/2 inch cpvc, and it needs a 1/4 inch to go to the fridge. I don't know how those threads are attached to the cpvc pipe. What should I get?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks