Recent content by Brett Sanders

1. Brett Sanders

PEX to Water Heater connection

Awesome. Thank you for the advice. Like I said I can't get the connection point at the heater undone to save my life anyway so I wasn't sure what to do. You all have been a huge help!
  2. Brett Sanders

It's the power line, whatever is required for the heater. It was fully covered with the original water heater but the new one had to be moved cause, well, old house and odd things that come with it. So the plumber cut a section of useless drywall out and adjusted the power line.
  3. Brett Sanders

One of my issues is I can't get the union at the heater itself undone, probably lack of correct tools, otherwise I would connect a corrugated pipe or something directly to the heater and connect the PEX to that. See pic of whole setup.
  4. Brett Sanders

Not sure honestly. I didn't install the heater.
  5. Brett Sanders

Yeah it's over 18 inches of hard copper that is brand new because I needed a new water heater and needed it before I started my PEX project so the plumber just connected to the old galvy stuff. If reusing that union works I'll go with that.
  6. Brett Sanders

Hi, DIYer here replacing galvanized piping throughout home with PEX. When connecting the PEX to the water heater lines (in and out) can I just use a threaded PEX fitting into the dielectric unions that are there from the galvanized to copper connection? There is already over 18 inches of copper...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks