Recent content by brennok

1. B

Replace tank on older 1.6gpf Briggs toilet or buy new toilet?

Well the plumber finally called and showed up this morning with a replacement tank so I now have a bathroom that works. Thanks for the help. I definitely plan on my next toilet being a Toto probably the ultramax, but for now I am happy just to have a working toilet.
  2. B

Well It is now a week later and the plumber hasn't called us back after several messages. I took Friday off to run out to the local store that carries Toto to check their prices. At this rate I may just end up with the Champion 4 from Home Depot. It seems to get ok reviews, but the best as to...
  3. B

I must say I don't really have any clog problems. I just usually know I am going to have problems through the rest of the house when my toilet is slow to drain and the same goes for my shower. I finally got the story about how he broke the bowl while I was at work. Apparently when he came back...
  4. B

Thanks. We have actually used the camera before and they don't find anything really. At least nothing they have told us needs repairing which would be hell here in Florida since no easy access to the pipes. I guess it is time to go toilet shopping. Consumer Report on Toilets
  5. B

We have an older,at least 10 years, two piece Briggs toilet though I don't know the model number. It has a tank model number 4965 if that helps with a 7470 lid. It is a 1.6gpf/6.0Lpf model. We have been having issues lately which the plumber said may be due to the older construction since...
  6. B

Cheapest way to cool master bedroom?

I will check into that. Yeah I had been told about not closing the doors or registers so I don't but I do have them open only about 25% in the rooms I rarely go into. I realize 68 is a low temp to aim for and my Trane system seems to be able to pull it off. Anything higher than 70 though and...
  7. B

Cheapest way to cool master bedroom?

I am looking for some advice as summer is slowly coming up and in Tampa it is starting to warm up. I am trying to find the least expensive route to cool my master bedroom as cold as I possibly can :). To give you an idea I am one of those people who in the Florida winter regardless of if it is...
  8. B

Suggestions for replacement of three Briggs toilets

Luckily this plumber isn't the same plumber, but yeah some of the construction leaves a lot to be desired. Oh well I am slowly fixing it over time. Yeah I was just reading and looking at pictures of the Uni-Fit. I really don't have any preference about whether it sits flush with the wall...
  9. B

Suggestions for replacement of three Briggs toilets

First off I am a total newbie when it comes to plumbing in general so if I left out anything please let me know. I have a plumber who is going to do the install but is unfamiliar with Toto so I am doing my own research as far as toilets I want to use as replacements. I have three somewhat...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks