Recent content by breakinfixxin&learnin

1. B

auto vent/air gap guidance

i believe the upper non threaded 1.5" elbow is for the auto vent it was originally vertical but with .75" foam board insulation and .5" sheet rock the wall>cabinet>pipe clearance was an issue and since all this was roughed in we minimized the vertical run of the 'Y' fitting that the vent gap was...
  2. B

auto vent/air gap guidance

during a recent kitchen remodel we had some plumbing roughed in. the plumber was out of town and sent his assistant who did things a little different including plumbing for an autovent instead of tapping into the cast iron line as was planned for by our original plumber but he thought that was...
  3. B

Really SLLOOOOW Draining Toilet...any suggestions/advice?

thats what i asked and didnt get too straight an answer as i think they feared self incrimination. my thoughts are-if your paying rent and have to use a bucket to flush, or wait an abnormally long time for the bowl to drain then youre gonna call with the quickness which has me thinking its a...
  4. B

Really SLLOOOOW Draining Toilet...any suggestions/advice?

So i get a call this evening about a choked toilet. when i get there to my surprise its the water from the tank to the bowl that is not flowing like it should, i did a hand plunge (had nothing else with me) from the tank side and saw some debris/water draining down sides of bowl from the rim...
  5. B

Pressure-balancing valve = cold water on the hot water circuit?

yes all true, but i may not have been clear enough. i would not reuse items like an old tub valve, that sounds like asking for trouble and being in the residential home rental business reliability is very important to me. the valve was in test mode because there was no hot water coming...
  6. B

Please help with this BIG mess

ha, been there bought that!...although im not a pro when i encountered that problem (more than twice) i found that it was the placement/orientation of the valve itself that was causing the problem and luckily i was able to get longer screws that ALMOST matched the original finish. The other...
  7. B

Pressure-balancing valve = cold water on the hot water circuit?

hey guys thanks for the info, i was in the midst of a major rehab project when i ran across the same problem and came to the conclusion (after major te$ting...$$ ) that the balancing valve requires an input from both sides. although nice in looks and unique in function i think from now on i will...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks