Recent content by Bratan

1. Bratan

Question about well filter

This thread is so old that I don't even live in that house anymore lol :) Hopefully it will be helpful to someone else tho...
  2. Bratan

Connecting utility sink to drain

Oh wow, that looks very neat! I think I have some idea now what connector pieces are needed. Thanks a lot!
  3. Bratan

Connecting utility sink to drain

I'm planning to add utility sink next to my washing machine because drain and water connections already there. What would be the best way to connect it's drain. That black pipe on the picture is glued together, so I'll probably have to cut and add some kind of slitter pieces. Any advise? :)
  4. Bratan

Reducing faucet hole/opening

Thank you all! Yes flange was actually large enough to cover the hole with no issues! :) Looks great too!
  5. Bratan

Reducing faucet hole/opening

I'm installing RO system faucet into stainless steel sink. Faucet requires 1/2" opening to be cut, but I already have 1.5" inch hole where old hose used to be. Hole is directly in the stainless sink, just bare metal no counter-top is involved. Is there any way I can "reduce" this hole to fit new...
  6. Bratan

Boiler silent after oil pump replaced

I recently had maintenance performed on my oil boiler. Guy couldn't get oil pump going after that (he spend about 4 hours) and it had to be replaced. I wasn't happy about the bill, but that's another story. After pump was replaced, my boiler is now almost silent. I mean it was roaring like a...
  7. Bratan

Danger of using old air compressor

Yup that's auto, what about "0" setting? Should it turn off compressor? BTW I got tank up to 125 psi and still alive :-)
  8. Bratan

One more question. What is Auto/Off setting? I cam move switch to either one but it never shuts off compressor...
  9. Bratan

It's oil-less. 5HP electric pump, other than this I have no idea :) It's DeVilbiss PRF5020-WK model from 90-s. I found a manual online (it's very generic) and tons of diagrams for replacement parts, but other than that not much info. For example doesn't say anything how to unscrew drain...
  10. Bratan

Thanks! I never heard of drain cock, so I just googled it. Looks like mine has a winged version and of course I broke that part, but it was pretty rusted. I'll get a new one at lowes and try blowing dirty sludge out. Maybe even fill it with fresh water a little few times...
  11. Bratan

I never had an air compressor before but always wanted one for my garage. Couple of days ago I was passing a garage sale and guy had this Devilbiss 20 gallon 5HP compressor really cheap ($20). He said it ran great and only had little leak near regulator. He was selling it because he had 2 more...
  12. Bratan

Air handler to duct connector

I figured it out. I didn't know that there were 2 layers of duct (inner and outer). Once i exposed inner duct I was able to slip it on easily. Now I need to get a nice long zip tie. Is there something better than duct tape to secure the seam?
  13. Bratan

Air handler to duct connector

I recently noticed that one of the ducts came loose from air handler in the attic. It seems that duct tape was all that was holding it there. There's about an inch of collar sticking out (6.5" diameter), and I'm unable to reconnect duct back to it, cause it's soft and keeps slipping off. Is...
  14. Bratan

Can I use expanding foam in roof eaves openings?

Thanks guys! Sounds like it's not a good idea to use foam then... BTW wasps are getting thru openings for heating pipes (deep under the bathroom sink) mostly. This is very open concept house (20+ foot ceilings) so I don't think I can afford to completely seal it...
  15. Bratan

Can I use expanding foam in roof eaves openings?

Last summer I had huge wasp problem. They nested inside walls, gaining access thru some small openings near roof eaves. And eventually made it inside the house. Exterminator dusted the nest, but for for a month I had all those stunned wasps crawling inside the house in every room, it was a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks