Recent content by Brandon Kelling

1. Brandon Kelling

Water Main Using PEX ??

Jeff thanks; i will replace it ; do you have a product link or a name i can find a better adapter or option to go with ?
  2. Brandon Kelling

Water Main Using PEX ??

I know it is a valve to the main water supply of the house ; I just didn't understand why it was necessary to add another possible leak point when there is a shut off at the meter
  3. Brandon Kelling

Water Main Using PEX ??

Also have no clue what the black pipe is coming in
  4. Brandon Kelling

Water Main Using PEX ??

Hey thanks for the response; what do you recommend changing it to??
  5. Brandon Kelling

Water Main Using PEX ??

Any help is appreciated; while working under my house I found that my water in was dripping at the white coupling so I decided to tighten it ....which that fixed the leak. My Question is; what is the valve shown with the red arrow ? is it necessary ? The yellow arrow is pointing at what I...
  6. Brandon Kelling

Water Heater Heat Trap

Awesome thanks for that makes me feel so much better ! all is well; bought a wireless WIFI leak detector and put it in the pan as well
  7. Brandon Kelling

Water Heater Heat Trap

Awesome yes there is a plastic stiffener. My concern was before i replaced the hoses they were pipe threaded connections making the seal but now they are a gasket mating to the nipple face with threads holding it down. Link to the exact product is below. Just not sure if a gasket connection is...
  8. Brandon Kelling

Water Heater Heat Trap

thanks for the help with this and for the fast reply; would you be worried about the fact that i went to a compression fitting ? There was a pipe thread fitting there before...
  9. Brandon Kelling

Water Heater Heat Trap

Recently re-did the plumbing on my hot water heater because it was done with pex all the way to the nipple and that is a code violation. In doing this changeout I could not get the new compression type fittings to make a good seal with the plastic heat trap inside the pipes. They were causing a...
  10. Brandon Kelling

HUGE Water Leak Ruined my entire flooring in house. PEX To Compression Caused ?

All done finally; the copper stub outs did not work because of channel iron under the hole. Had to adjust the Drain 5 times before it stopped leaking. Thanks all.
  11. Brandon Kelling

The Licensed plumber that did the plumbing in this new construction went out of business and does not have a phone to call that I can find.
  12. Brandon Kelling

Hmm my PEX running to the floor is 3/4 and i found a 3/4 stub out and a 3/4 to 1/2 sweat MIP
  13. Brandon Kelling

It actually happened in the middle of the night when we were asleep.
  14. Brandon Kelling

Thank you for the advice that i am also taking into action. I am going with a 3/4 copper stub out with the mounting bracket to mount from under the house then using a sweat on 1/2 MIP fitting for the braided line to connect to...
  15. Brandon Kelling

QUICK Question friends..... Anybody objecting to putting a garden hose sillcock flush mounted to the floor on a pier and beam house and converting the threads from GHT To MIP then to the bath tub faucet ? Or are these threads notorious for leaks ??
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks