Recent content by bradev

1. bradev

Replace pump vs drill new.. (long)

hmm, hadnt thought of that. the rub is that i dont know exactly what the root cause is: pump only pump + casing + whatever is going on at bottom of the well. also, drilling in the current location wont be easy: bsmt kickout, close to house, lots of tree etc. on the "replace pump only"...
  2. bradev

Thanks - a new pump is a given. The downside to "new pump only" is that the labor part is all for nothing IF the old well still doesnt deliver even with the new pump. Also, access to the current location is a pain with basement kickout and trees etc on the outside. so that labor part would...
  3. bradev

my first post so here goes house is 70 years. well is 85 feet, with pvc sleeved inside 4" steel casing. current pump is 1/2 hp, pvc and pump went in about ten years ago. Well room (tank, electric box) is in a "kickout", ie in basement, with concrete slab at grade. (ie no longer code) Pump...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks