Recent content by BradDIY

1. BradDIY

Roof Vent Extension with Lead Flashing

I'm replacing an existing cast iron vent with PVC and have an existing lead boot that's 11" tall from the roof. Per Illinois code, the pipe must extend a minimum 12" above the roof on the high side. However, all the lead flashing I find is exactly 12" tall. Thus, after peening it with a hammer...
  2. BradDIY

Master Bath - Wet Vent Toilet & Fixture Horizontal to Trap

Understandable. Can I do a vertical offset with 2x 45s similar to the picture below, but with a short run of pipe between? Full thread on offset 45s.
  3. BradDIY

Is a running trap that is less than 24" away permitted? Section 890.410 Fixture Traps/Continuous Waste b) Distance of Trap to Fixture. The developed length from the fixture outlet to the trap weir shall not exceed 24 inches, except that an interceptor used as a trap shall be located as close...
  4. BradDIY

I've learned a lot from these forums, but I'm still unclear on a few things even after reading the Illinois Code and two plumbing books. Please see the attached isometric drawing of my master bath remodel. The additional water closet, washing machine and sink are for an existing bathroom and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks