Recent content by Brad Anesi

1. Brad Anesi

Propane Water Heater - No temp control

Thanks for the input. It's got an install date of 2017, so very close on the warranty. Is labor usually included with the warranty? It was installed by a reputable plumber.
  2. Brad Anesi

Propane Water Heater - No temp control

Investigating a problem with my Dad's water heater (DHW only). Even after moving the thermostat to "Low", and then "Vac", and then finally to "Pilot", the water was still too hot. Note, this was done over the course of three weeks - I realize the water is not going to drop in temperature...
  3. Brad Anesi

Burnt Electrical Smell from ICP Air Handler Model# BMM036XKA1

Got back up in the attic this morning and replaced the capacitor. We now have a working air handler again for the cost of a $12 capacitor! The new cap' was shorter than the original and bigger diameter but I was still able to use the original bracket by just using some longer sheet metal...
  4. Brad Anesi

Good thing I didn't just blindly order two of the capacitors. I only realized today that the upstairs air handler is a slightly smaller unit, ICP Model# BMM024XKA1. It uses a different cap, original part# 1200020, 7.5Mfd, 370V. The original cap is still in place, and yes, it is the same...
  5. Brad Anesi

Yep, the updated part is indeed in a metal housing. I'm guessing ICP had issues with these caps which is why the original part is no longer available. That's also why I'm going to check my other air handler to see if it might have already had the cap replaced. If not, it will be.
  6. Brad Anesi

That's the approach I was leaning towards. Just figured I'd do a little detective work first and see if there was a significant likelihood that something else was failing and the failed capacitor was more a symptom rather than simply being the root cause itself. I also want to head back up in...
  7. Brad Anesi

Good call on the bad capacitor! I had already removed it when I took the pic, but you can see in the background that it scorched the fan housing it was attached to. Motor turns effortlessly and still looks new, so I'm hoping that's fine. It would appear that the part has been superseded by...
  8. Brad Anesi

Just doing some more digging on-line, this video points to the transformer and/or circuit board as likely failure points...
  9. Brad Anesi

I've got a 2-zone conventional central air system with Heil compressors outside and ICP air handlers in the attic. It's about 30 years old. Upstairs zone works fine. When I went to first use the downstairs zone this year, very quickly I got an acrid, burnt-electrical smell from the downstairs...
  10. Brad Anesi

Possible Design Flaw in Toto Drake Toilets: Consider Before Purchasing

Feel free to page back to my post from May 2021. For my wife, using the different seat made all the difference in the world. I think it changes the angle just enough to resolve the problem, for those that experience a problem. Here we are a couple years later, and my wife has never brought up...
  11. Brad Anesi

Quick Fix to leaking waste pipe

Yes, I had considered that. I think we're at a point where it will all need to be replaced soon anyway, so it's not a huge deal one way or the other. I had hoped I'd be replying at this point that the job was successful, but I forgot that the reverse osmosis water filter releases water to the...
  12. Brad Anesi

It's absolutely a hole. I considered solder but my JB Weld skills are better than my soldering skills. :)
  13. Brad Anesi

Yes, that's a hole. If you look close you can see the pipe is a little tweaked there. Not sure if that happened 58 years ago when it was installed or when some of the waste line got replaced about 20 years ago. I will give the epoxy route a shot. I'm sure it will work for some time. How...
  14. Brad Anesi

Discovered this leak yesterday at my Dad's house in the original 58 year-old waste line. Looking to do a quick fix as it is dry right now. How long do we think a JB Weld fix might work?
  15. Brad Anesi

Retrofitting a Sloan Flushmate to Gravity Fed or Just Replace with ???

Just to button up this thread, I went ahead and replaced both toilets with new Toto Drakes. They've been working out just fine. FWIW, I tried listing the old ones - even just as parts - on both Facebook Marketplace and eBay, but no interest. I've recently pitched them.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks