Recent content by Boots

1. B

Clawfoot tub leg problems

I used braded wire to pull the legs into the proper position, then JB weld on the under side and gorrilla glue around the outside. There was NO screw on this model. This will hopefully take care of the problem...
  2. B

Toto Drake tank leak

Thank you. I will start over today and do it your way.
  3. B

Toto Drake tank leak

I just installed my 3rd Toto Drake in the 3rd bath. The 1st Toto the bowl leaked at the tank bolts. After tighting more several times the tank cracked. I followed the directions which had no plumbers putty added. The tank cracked at the screw. $100.+ for a new tank. I puttied the connections...
  4. B

I totally gutted the old room. It was built over a porch. Bad shape. Now the floors are level with a new tile. The legs were set, then we installed all new Strom fixtures. When we were in the tub adding the shower ring and the legs started to move. When we tried to adjust them they all started...
  5. B

Sorry...it is a 1937 cast iron tub.
  6. B

Good morning, I still need advice...? HELP
  7. B

The floor is new, level and tile. It is slippery. The tub sits level. I was thinking about connecting the front 2 legs together, and the back 2 together, from the bottom of the tub. This might keep the pressure on them. Then maybe some kind of glue, or bond for iron?
  8. B

Need help FAST! My tubs legs do not attach to the tub, the tub just sits in place on the legs. The problem is the legs keep moving, even with the tub weight. What would be the best (safest) solution to the stabilization of the legs/tub? Thanks
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks