Recent content by bombcar

1. bombcar

Sewer Cameras from Amazon or Home Depot?

The local plumbers say it's "too hard" to maneuver their 300 lb machines into my basement, or never show up. I have Milwaukee's 100ft drum machine but a note on the wall says 118ft to the manhole. I have an additional drum on the way which will give me 150 ft reach (though Milwaukee doesn't...
  2. bombcar

Water filtering/softening first steps?

Mainly because they look good and (hopefully) will never fail - I didn't know about good plastic filters at the time. I may repurpose the Aqua-Pure for hot water filtering if needed.
  3. bombcar

Is the 3M Aqua-Pure SST1HA durable as a filter housing? I have two of them on order and plan to run a bypass myself (I suspect my basement is going to look like the inside of a submarine when I'm done). I also have some possibly yum-cha plastic filters with the 3 way bypass but I trust them...
  4. bombcar

If you plan on having more people later (kids happen) - is there any harm going larger early, or is it better to resize at that time? I could do a filter before and after if that would help with the life of the components.
  5. bombcar

So those seem to be the numbers - they blend from the five wells so the numbers are relatively constant across the city. The 2017 CCR may be available soon.
  6. bombcar

Sounds good - I've emailed them and will see if they respond, if not I'll walk over and poke them. I have tons of filters (clearance sales are great places to pick up whole-home filters) but the real filtration will be done with these SST1HA that I ordered - but I have to decide what filters to...
  7. bombcar

It seems the first thing to do is get a test done on my city water (New Richmond, WI, small city, three municipal wells). After I have that I can start to determine what filters and softeners I should get, and in what order. Is that correct? What's a good water test? I assume the $5...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks