Recent content by BobW44

1. BobW44

Fleck 5600 - Salt water in lines after regen

Thanks for the reply. If it happens again (say, in the next few regens), what do you suggest as a course of action?
  2. BobW44

So, I removed the injector body and inspected the brine valve, screen, and injector nozzle/throat . Looked OK. I put everything back together and ran a manual regen. I sampled faucet water throughout the regen process at strategic points during the cycle. No sample looked or tasted salty...
  3. BobW44

The water is soft although that's by "feel" not by a test. So, what to test next? I don't know how to test resin. If it matters, mine is 8 years old. I suppose if I'm going to tear into the unit to inspect o-rings, screens, injectors, I should have a overhaul kit in hand, right? I went to...
  4. BobW44

Following a regen of my Fleck 5600, salty water in the plumbing is discovered that morning. I notice it when I am about make coffee and the kitchen faucet dispenses salty water. My immediate remedy is simply to run the faucet for ten or so minutes until the water clears up. I'm wondering what...
  5. BobW44

Low pressure/flow Moen Shower

Well, it wasn't the shower head. So I'll be diggin' into the valve. I'm curious about your recommendation to "flush the lines". Not to pose a stupid question, but, How is flushing done in home plumbing? Do I attach a water source at the faucets and back-flush ?
  6. BobW44

Low pressure/flow Moen Shower

I recently drained/flushed my water heater, finding much gunk and flaked off lime deposits in the process. A day or two after, my wife and I noticed low flow in the shower. I checked the flow in the second floor shower and it was ok. The house is three years old. The faucet is a Moen...
  7. BobW44

Greenish sludgy stuff in water heater tank

Thanks, A Wet-N-Dry Vacuum and numerous flushes pretty much cleaned it out. After cleaning, I aimed a flashlight down the anode-rod-hole to illuminate the bottom of the tank as I looked in through hole at the bottom. Lo and behold, the old anode rod (or what was left of it) is lying on...
  8. BobW44

Greenish sludgy stuff in water heater tank

Hi all, Great forum, lot's of knowledgeble info floating around. It has helped me a great deal in my homeowner maintenance quests. Well, today I drained the tank to replace the gas control valve. While I had the tank drained, I decided to replace the anode rod. Of course, I shut off the...
  9. BobW44

Anode Rod Access location for AOSmith Powershot

Thanks, that's why I asked.
  10. BobW44

Although not part of my original anode rod questions, I do have a question regarding replacement of the gas control/thermostat. The new replacement gas control unit, Emerson(White-Rogers), has a clear plastic covering over the thermistor(I think it's the correct terminology). By thermistor, I...
  11. BobW44

Thanks. As luck would have it, I talked to a plumber at work today and he's letting me borrow a can of Gasoila-SoftSet.
  12. BobW44

Thanks for the tip. I just received the new gas valve today. I'm waiting for the weekend to dive into the job. I'm wondering, is Loctite 572 ok to use on black pipe for NG?
  13. BobW44

Thanks for the reply. I guess I'll dig into the anode replacement while I have it drained. I've seen some replies about using an impact wrench; what's your opinion about that? Also, it seems you're not to keen on AOSmith, no doubt from servicing too many, too often, and for bad reasons. As I...
  14. BobW44

Thanks for your words of wisdom, probably some of it learned the hard way.. Anyway, the unit is 3 years old. I have a water softener so I understand that to mean the anode rod will be consumed quicker. THe thermostat is on the blink (I measured 154°F in the morning after stabilizing all...
  15. BobW44

I want to replace the anode tube on my AO Smith GPSH Powershot gas water heater. Problem is, I can't find it. From the parts list diagram, it appears to be accessed from the top-front. But the blower housing is covering it. So my questions are: What should I remove to access the anode rod...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks