Recent content by BobBoots

1. BobBoots

Symmons Temptrol Handle Removal ??

Problem solved.... Squirt plenty of GooBeGone (Citrus based rubber cement remover) in there....wait 10 mins....then squirt WD40 in ....wait 5 mins...and THEN use the Temptrol Puller. It was still a bit tough going, but it let loose right away...after being on for 19 years!
  2. BobBoots

Shower Tub/Eclosure OK To Paint?

I vote no on krylon plastic paint in shower I just tried this and found that it peels off easily with a thumbnail. The shower wall enclosure was made of styrene and not fiberglass, but I am replacing the enclosure walls with a new wall kit today because the krylon plastic paint didn't adhere...
  3. BobBoots

Symmons Temptrol Handle Removal ??

I have removed the end cap and the center screw on my temptrol tub/shower valve but I cannot remove the handle. I've tried the puller assembly, banging gently and not so gently with a hammer, and even tried rocking the handle with two screwdrivers underneath the fluted features. I guess...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks