Recent content by Bobbletown

1. Bobbletown

Terminate AAV in attic space?

I haven't touched that wye yet. It was original to the 1/2 bath install. I knew I had to go FERNCO for those fittings but wasn't sure on sizing of the copper and cast iron pipes. copper to PVC then PVC to cast iron. I also tried to lift the main copper pipe from the PVC wye and that SOB...
  2. Bobbletown

Here are a few pics
  3. Bobbletown

I am in the process of a small (tiny 3x5) 1/2 bath remodel. I have it to the studs. Previous waste line had no vent. I cut the old PVC out and now am diagramming my waste run. The waste line will run into a basement and tie into the main cast iron drain at 30'. Please keep in mind that this...
  4. Bobbletown

Moving Toilet Flange

You are absolutely correct regarding the slope, 1/4 for every FOOT not every 4 feet! My bad, the J hooks are spaced every four feet. The stack is approximately 2 feet from the closet flange. Someone brought up another potential issue with the extra 2" from the 14" rough-in.....if someone...
  5. Bobbletown

Moving Toilet Flange

ok, thanks for the input. Luckily I do have a good plumbing supply store nearby so get the proper fittings won't be a problem.
  6. Bobbletown

Moving Toilet Flange

Hello, I'm doing a bathroom gut and have run into an issue that I've never tackled before. I've stripped the floor of its linoleum and 1/4" wonder board. I noticed that the 3/4" subfloor also needs to be replaced so I'm going to move forward with that. Here is my problem while I have the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks