Recent content by Bob Foley

1. Bob Foley

Drain into Cleanout Fitting

I found several 3 1/2 inch bushing manufacturers
  2. Bob Foley

Adding a 'Powder room'

There are a number of suppliers, I got one as shown in the photos (I Hope)
  3. Bob Foley

Adding a 'Powder room'

Is a 3 1/2 inch bushing thread not the same as the thread as the cleanout plug thread?
  4. Bob Foley

How to clean bottom of 2004 Kohler tub?

FWIW, last year we installed a Kohler non skid tub. As most owners seem to note, it had gotten kind of grimey looking. Seeing some suggestions I tired this and it worked well. Got the surface wet and lightly scrubbed in a good dose of Bar Keepers Friend. Apparently there is some concern but...
  5. Bob Foley

There are a number of manufacturers who make 3 1/2" x 3" pipe thread hex bushings, both malleable iron and galvanized.
  6. Bob Foley

The threaded brass cleanout plug measures 4" across. Is that not a 4" fitting? It is installed into a cast iron pipe that has a hub on the end where there is the female thread leaded into the hub. My intention for a new cleanout is to use a wye type or long sweep fitting that has a straight...
  7. Bob Foley

I've seen yes's and no's so I 'm looking for more opinions. I am planning a small powder room install, adding a sink and toilet into a modified - enlarged bedroom closet. I've got enough room by any standards I have seen and the location is perfect to tie into the waste pipe heading out of the...
  8. Bob Foley

Adding a 'Powder room'

I am looking to add a sink and toilet, small powder room bath to my home. Couple of questions: Is it acceptable to tie into the soil pipe clean out that heads out from the basement? There is a 4" cleanout and my proposal is to put in a 4">>>3" hex bushing, then a sked 80 PVC male adapter...
  9. Bob Foley

DWV or Shed 40?

I didn't get much response to my question regarding a proposed small powder room installation. But I now have a secondary question. With a short run of pipes, (less than 5 feet) is there any value choosing DWV PVC or Sked 40 PVC? Seems most fittings are available in both weight pipe and with...
  10. Bob Foley

Does this look OK?

Originally posted in remodel section, I got a suggestion to post here.
  11. Bob Foley

Does this look OK?

I am a new guy here so I am not sure if this is the correct section but I'll give it a shot. I have an older house and we want to add a small powder room. Small sink and toilet only. The dimensions we have to work with are about 65" by 38" which seems to be Okay given what we are trying to...
  12. Bob Foley

Does this Look Ok?

Thanks, can it be moved or do I need to copy and repaste?
  13. Bob Foley

Does this Look Ok?

Sorry about the pics, I suppose one ought to have been enough. Found the edit button, think its fixed
  14. Bob Foley

Does this Look Ok?

I am a new guy here so I am not sure if this is the correct section but I'll give it a shot. I have an older house and we want to add a small powder room. Small sink and toilet only. The dimensions we have to work with are about 65" by 38" which seems to be Okay given what we are trying to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks