Recent content by bmcgin

1. bmcgin

Triple Sink: disposal backwash and noise

Update on the triple sink piping saga. The last configuration had one problem. One of the sinks was collecting goo from the disposal. The disposal would shoot food up the sink. The connector piece did have a baffle, so one of the sinks was ok. So I just installed the "Talea Three Kitchen...
  2. bmcgin

Thanks! Yeah I think I'm going to keep it as is unless a problem creeps up. It's holding up ok so far!
  3. bmcgin

With this setup, the garbage disposal noise comes out of the middle sink drain. So I crisscrossed the tubes to minimize the sound as the T-connector has a baffle. (I had to borrow some parts from the McAlpine kit to get the full extension.) I still may need to trim the T-connector to gain...
  4. bmcgin

Welp, I decided to stay with the "Talea Double Kitchen Sinks Drain Pipe Kit." and also installed a new disposal. The McAlpine is very nice. The problem I had is the p trap is tall and the height of the t-connector makes it challenging to connect the disposal. I hoped to come straight out of...
  5. bmcgin

Possible solution for disposal and drain height problem

Since many people are trying to solve the disposal/drain height problem after installing deeper sinks, I thought it is worth posting this. Most disposals have the outlet tube around 6 1/2" down. The disposals from Mountian Plumbing are only 5 1/2". That may help in some situations...
  6. bmcgin

The new space-saving system does a great job of saving space. The wife is happy about that. After seeing this system and installing it, I like it. The middle connector tube does have a baffle in it. I think it will work ok, although I am a bit worried that it might clog. So I'm going to...
  7. bmcgin

Hello, First things first. I am saddened to hear about Terry. He was so helpful and friendly. I've only posted a few times and when he replied, it was special because he is "the man" that started all of this. Second, the triple sink with the triple adapter has been in use since 2010. The...
  8. bmcgin

Mildew inside shower handle

Thanks. I wasn't sure if there was a water leak or something that was pushing water up inside the handle. If all I need to do is take it off and clean it that's great. I was wondering if I need to repalce the part that the handle screws into....
  9. bmcgin

Mildew inside shower handle

I have a standard delta single shower handle. Inside of the plastic handle mildew is forming. I saw this about 2 years ago and replace the entire assembly. Soon after I replaced the assembly, I began to see black mildew forming. I still haven’t done anything about it since then. Now...
  10. bmcgin

AAV and sewer smell

So would a bad AAV create sewer smells in the house? For a fast fix, I thinking of replacing the AAV for $16. Should I pour bleech in the vent line or anything?
  11. bmcgin

AAV and sewer smell

Would a bad AAV cause a bathroom or laundry room to omit sewer smells? We are getting a sewer smell a few times a week around 7pm. It looks like the house has two venting systems. One goes through the roof and the other terminates in the attic with an AAV (it's about 1.5 feet above the...
  12. bmcgin

Electric Tankless or new Heat Pump type

GE: 30 amp, Smith: 25 amp, Rheem: 22 amp, Steibel: 15 amp Energy Factor: GE: 2.35, Smith: 2.4, Rheem: 2.0, Steibel: 2.5 So the Steibel will draw less amps and makes the best use of energy. Looks like a very good product. Only problem is the size, it’s 26” round. I have space for...
  13. bmcgin

I just used the Energy Guide numbers to estimate. These are accurate enough to get a rough idea the hybrid is worth the extra upfront costs. Since all the plumbing is already run, I would put the heater in a utility room on the second floor. I could close the a/c supply to the room during...
  14. bmcgin

Here’s the rough numbers: Good old 40 gal --works every time—tank with energy smart (from Lowes): Purchase: $319 Install: $350 Total: $669 Yearly cost to run: $508 GE 50 gal hybrid: Purchase: $1600 Install: $350 Tax Rebate: $480 Total: $1470 Yearly cost to run: $198 On day 1 the hybrid...
  15. bmcgin

As a complete novice and a “trying to get educated” consumer, it looks like from a performance aspect people like the gas tankless and not so much the electric tankless. There is still an element of the tankless failing to work as anticipated. I wonder if I install one if it will work...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks