Recent content by bmb2m9

1. bmb2m9

Sioux Chief Arrestor Question

A few months back I plumbed in new laundry supply lines in PEX. I recently read about the Sioux Chief Mini-Resters. I have not drywalled yet, so I was looking at cutting the PEX line near the OX box and adding a mini rester with crimp rings. Does it need to be secured against a stud or anything...
  2. bmb2m9

Garage Floor Raise Questions...

I am looking to raise a floor in my house (was a garage originally) to be level with the rest of my house. In the 60s it was used as a garage and was converted to living space in the 70s or 80s. However, they never raised the existing garage floor so it is kind of funky since there is a four...
  3. bmb2m9

Laundry Remodel - Dry Fit - Help?!

Correct PVC Cement?! Hey guys, I used purple Oatey PVC primer when applying PVC cement to my drain pipes. I now found out the cement I used may have not been the best for PVC Drains. I used Oatey All-Purpose Cement and some Carlon PVC Cement (typically used with conduit). I figured it would...
  4. bmb2m9

Basement insulation -- XPS on just exterior walls?

If you have moisture problems, you probably should not consider finishing your basement.
  5. bmb2m9

1.5" or 2" nails for hardwood install? Or staples?

I use 2 inch nails, but I am sure that staples would work great too. Just be sure to use 2 inch whatever unless you have rare circumstances like Jimbo.
  6. bmb2m9

Sweet, thanks! What is the standard height for a sink stub-in/rough-in? About 24 inches off of the subfloor?! Yes, it will be very busy...
  7. bmb2m9

Basement insulation -- XPS on just exterior walls?

I would use polystyrene on the exterior walls with an r-13 to r-15 fiberglass insulation and then add a vapor barrier. You can just use the fiberglass on the interior walls with no vapor barrier or polystyrene. This would be the best r-value for your money. That being said, spray foam will...
  8. bmb2m9

Like this?! I assume you have to vent at every vertical drop after the p-trap.
  9. bmb2m9

Well I did this project yesterday. After I was done I realized that I should have moved the sink branch up higher, it is really way too low (I will be raising the floor to make it level with the rest of the house). Should I do this by adding another vertical drop before the drain, then I assume...
  10. bmb2m9

Superb! Thanks for your help krow!
  11. bmb2m9

Would this work? Use your imagination and pretend that there is pipe between the fittings I taped up. Thanks for any help in advance.
  12. bmb2m9

What do you think the best way to do that is? I need to dodge the dryer vent which is "inconveniently" located directly above vent/main drain. Should I loop the vents around the dryer vent (effectively encircling it) or swing them to the left (possibly moving my combo further left toward the...
  13. bmb2m9

I am planning on framing a full 2x4 wall and drywalling. I just wanted to get my pipe dry fit right first. Thanks for the help.
  14. bmb2m9

Hey guys, I just dry fit my plumbing drains for our laundry room remodel. If you could check the attached picture of my work it would be greatly appreciated. The setup is going to be washer, dryer, sink, from left to right. The only snag (well not the only one..but) I ran into was having to...
  15. bmb2m9

Laundry Room Drain Set-Up - is it okay?

Thanks for all the help guys. One last question and I will be out of your hair, should you just always use a sanitary tee to intersect a vertical drain rather than a combo (even if it is vented before the vertical)?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks