Recent content by blumsden

1. blumsden

Low ph and iron water in my well

I have a ph of 5.3 and 3ppm of iron. A local guy reccommended an acid nuetralizer filter with automatic backwash, with crushed marble to raise my ph. He also reccommended to replace the bladder tank with an air injection tank to settle the iron out. Going to cost about $1400. Just wanted your...
  2. blumsden

Iron in well water

I have pvc ran for water lines, what kinds of problems will i have with corrosive water?
  3. blumsden

Iron in well water

With a clean filter, i can run water into a glass, and the water is pretty much clear. It can sit for a while, and i never see the iron particles that people talk about. I can clean the stains in the tub, with one of those green abrasive pads. One guy told me, he thought it was just mud, that to...
  4. blumsden

Iron in well water

So in your opinion, the neutralizer won't help with the iron. I will still need a birm iron filter, as well? Ballpark cost with me installing?
  5. blumsden

Iron in well water

About a year ago, my well ran dry and i had to have it drilled deeper. It's about 440' deep and case all the way. Well, now my water has some iron in it. I had it tested at a pool place, and here are the results: Iron: 0.5ppm Ph: 6.5 Hardness:6ppm Free chlorine:0.16ppm Total chlorine: 0.16...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks