Recent content by bluelogic

1. bluelogic

Fleck 5812 XTR2 (Softner) and Fleck 5810 SXT (Carbon Filter) Shuts Off Water

Yes, I have it set. I'm thinking when I lost the power they both just happen to be on the same regen/backwash time. I did a manually regen/backwash and set the times, but everything is working so I will just have to wait for it to happen again.
  2. bluelogic

I did a regen and backwash on both units. They work fine. I'm thinking when I had a power loss they happen to both backwash at the same time and the units stopped because the drain wouldn't be able to handle both units backwashing at the same time.
  3. bluelogic

There are three bypasses. One for each and for the entire loop. I haven’t tested each one by itself.
  4. bluelogic

So I don’t know which one is stopping the water flow when on service. If I use the loop bypass I get water into the house. I’m assuming one of the pistons are stuck but I have to do a manually regen and back flushing. For the software is that something I can update? bluelogic
  5. bluelogic

It has only happen twice. The water loop bypass sends water through the house. There was nothing on the display other operating as normal. Outside water is coming in at full force. I will test my water for hardness and do a manual back flush of the carbon and regen on the softener. Yes it makes...
  6. bluelogic

Hello, My city recently broke a backflow preventer and cleaned out their side of the line. The water from the meter is getting to the carbon filter and the softener; however, twice now the system has completely stopped the flow of water to the house. If I unplug them and plug them back in the...
  7. bluelogic

City clogged my water supply

I was able to suck the clog out with a vacuum cleaner
  8. bluelogic

it is a new pressure regulator. lol
  9. bluelogic

Oh you think it got stuck in the screen and I could clean it out and turn it back on. The city confirmed they clogged a few homes when their backflow broke. bluelogic
  10. bluelogic

Hello my water stopped to my house. I called the city and they told me their backflow preventer broke and they came out to try to pull it out on the street side. They were unable to and said it is stuck somewhere in my side between my water softener loop and the street. I was thinking of turning...
  11. bluelogic

Replace Metal Flange on PVC closet flange

So the plumber finished and gave me some good advice and showed me what he did. He said don't remove the ring again. Instead, use the Oatey Stainless Steel Flange put it right on top, and screw it down with tapcon screws for the other toilet. The new flange probably lasts longer than the...
  12. bluelogic

That is a little to much risk for me. Going the plumber route. Eric
  13. bluelogic

Reach4, The ring is no longer there just the plastic. I didn't see any type of repair ring for that problem. In addition the floor is concrete slab below. Eric
  14. bluelogic

Yes, it is a concrete slab and tile and there is no basement. I will hire a plumber to install a new fitting, should I suggest PVC or another stainless steel one? Also, I assume the other toilet in my house probably looks the same way. It hasn't broken yet but for the future is there...
  15. bluelogic

I see. So would you consider this a DIY or should I really hire the plumber? I can use a hand saw to make vertical cuts and I have plenty of wood chisels. Eric
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks