Recent content by Blue Fin

1. Blue Fin

Well problem. Need advice/knowledge

Very interesting information indeed. Hmmmmmm. Thanks. I must say that the old pump did get plenty of use. Don't know what the life expectancy is or would be. From May through September it ran every morning irrigating 7 rotary lawn zones and at least as many planter drip zones. So if I get 8...
  2. Blue Fin

Valveman, how do you acquire 6' of lift from a pump submerged 43' below grade (32' +/- below ground water level). Just trying to figure out the mathematics. Thanks for your input. Learn something new everyday. Or at least trying to. TIA
  3. Blue Fin

Thanks again for the replies and information guys. This morning I woke up and decided to tackle the job myself. Picked up a Grundfos 16S10-10 along with a 1" x 60" galv pipe nipple, tee (2) 1"x6" nipples (to make a pull handle to get it off the pitless), and (2) heat shrink splice kits...
  4. Blue Fin

Casola installed the well in 2005. I left a voicemail yesterday (Sunday). Hopefully I'll get a callback first thing this morning.
  5. Blue Fin

Is it possible the impellers suffered damage due to excessive running when my previous charged air tank was bad ? In retrospect thats when I started to notice the particles in the irrigation screen. i'm sort of lost with the comment about the pump curve and 40' depth 6' static level. Not sure...
  6. Blue Fin

Guess it could be calcium. The well was installed in 2005 and up until last summer had no problems. Then in July had almost no pressure in my irrigation system. As I said it turned out the 60 mic strainer was covered with the stuff. its kind of stringy. Right now the bucket that my old...
  7. Blue Fin

Appreciate the replies gentlemen. I have a call in to the well company. One other thing I noticed is that I have a weird white material getting caught up in the sediment filters and in the irrigation strainer. Is this some sort of algae? Last summer it was clogging the irrigation strainer...
  8. Blue Fin

Thanks for the prompt reply Tom. What's happening is that when I shut the house side valve off then shut the breaker to the well pump the water drains back down into the well. Not so sure it has anything to do with the pressure switch. Reading the owner's manual for the pump, troubleshooting...
  9. Blue Fin

Greetings everyone from Eastern Long Island, NY. Last night I noticed my well pump cycling (1 HP Sta-Rite Signature 2000 Series submersible pump,4" well appox. 40 feet total depth). I shut off the valve on the house side of the pressure tank and the pump kept cycling. Pressure tank was...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks