Recent content by Blindman

1. Blindman

custom shower

Great read John and interesting comments at the bottom. funny coincidence regarding the comment on pressure treated wood near the bottom I was initially going to use pressure treated 2/4 coated with blue wood protection and then cement board and membrane on it for both the curb and bench. I...
  2. Blindman

custom shower

thanks for all the great info!
  3. Blindman

custom shower

will do now the pressure is on! only have the cement board up have not even picked out the tile yet. one final question I am using kerdi system and am putting in a large 10mm glass wall and door 7' wide and 9' high if I use the kerdi curb will it support the weight or will it compress over time...
  4. Blindman

custom shower

thanks again for the reply John I figured the pressure loop is the standard was more curious on how the manifolds compared to them in performance? or even use a manifold with 3/4" inlet and outlet (with three 1/2" outlets) in a loop. such as the Sioux Chief 672XV0499 but maybe that is just way...
  5. Blindman

custom shower

thanks for the reply tank less water heater should be fine of course I won't be able to have all options on at once not enough supply volume for that. The thermostatic valve is rated at 15 GPM waiting on a reply from the manufacturer on the rating for each body spray. Will probably split them...
  6. Blindman

custom shower

Building a custom steam shower with rainfall shower head, hand shower, and 6 body sprays. 3/4" pex supply to both hot and cold on 3/4" thermostatic valve and 3/4" line to the rainfall shower head as well. All valves will be Jaclo. Rainfall shower valve will be 3/4" the body spray jets and hand...
  7. Blindman

Jaclo: Any opinions or experience with Jaclo

thanks for the reply John hard to find info on this brand searching google a couple people liked them and a couple didn't but no real info and if you search for any brand you will always find someone who doesn't like it. Will post my experience with them after I am done the shower build
  8. Blindman

Jaclo: Any opinions or experience with Jaclo

I realize this thread is a few years old but I am curious if you install the Jaclo valves and if they were high quality? looking to install a set of the roaring 20's oil rubbed bronze 3/4" valves in my new bathroom build thanks
  9. Blindman

basement bathroom venting and plumbing

1. For my basement bathroom my exterior walls are concrete and then 2x6 studded and pink insulation. Does anyone know if I am able to run a dry vent for the basement shower up the basement insulated 2x6 studded exterior wall? (Then above the bathroom ceiling cross over and connect to the 1 1/2"...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks