Recent content by BLH

1. BLH

Voltage Drop Mystery

I decided to go with aluminum, the same as was previously used, #2 AWG URD (3 wire). No ground or other connections between the buildings, and there were two grounding rods in place already, with an N-G bond in the garage panel. On my earlier post, I just hadn't looked close enough to notice...
  2. BLH

Voltage Drop Mystery

EPILOGUE: Thought I would "return and report" to resolve the mystery, and thank you all for your advice and help. I dug and pulled and pulled and dug (nothing is every as easy as we hope it will be), and extracted the 200+ feet of #2 AWG wire. Thank goodness for a good friend who came to my...
  3. BLH

Voltage Drop Mystery

OK... Thanks so much for all your help. The responses gave me much to think about and check out. I've learned some things, and think I have diagnosed the problem, but in case I'm missing something, I'm going to walk through the process and show my path. First of all, a couple of...
  4. BLH

Voltage Drop Mystery

This one has me stumped. I'm not a Pro but not a novice electrician either. Advice and suggestions appreciated. Included on my home's master panel is a 100 amp breaker that feeds power to an external garage. Voltage on both leads to and through that breaker is about 124 volts. The wire...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks