Recent content by Blavidais

1. Blavidais

River water system - separate water/air tank?

Hello all, So I successfully set up my drain back system for my river however I get hesitation, around 30 seconds at most before the water makes it back up from the river—then it runs indefinitely. Right now I am using an 80 gallon waterworker pressure tank that holds—I believe—25 gallons of...
  2. Blavidais

Drain Back River System

Oh yes I worked that out with Valveman already; he was very helpful. The air vent/vacuum relief valve takes care of that before the topside check valve, lets air out on the way up and allows air back in to drain the water out. I am just wondering if this will work flawlessly or if little bits of...
  3. Blavidais

Drain Back River System

Ok so I will test that tomorrow but what do you think about the air/vacuum relief valve at the top just before the check valve to the T. Do you think that will work properly or will air slowly slip past and accumulate in the bladder? If it will, how would I purge it periodically if at all?
  4. Blavidais

Drain Back River System

I like ideas, vision is the precursor to creation. I mean if it works as designed, as a swing check valve, it should work! Gonna test it tomorrow
  5. Blavidais

Drain Back River System

I also hung the line in the trees already so it would be difficult to install midline bleeder now
  6. Blavidais

Drain Back River System

I wasnt aware of the 23’ limitation now that makes sense. The only problem that comes to mind with mid-line installation is that the little hole could ice over in the winter, maybe not, but I don’t want to use energy to install it and have it not work out and learn the hard way.
  7. Blavidais

Drain Back River System

Both sound doable! If I removed the ball bearings from the bleeder I would still probably get enough flow to fill the pressure tank that makes sense.. The normally open solenoid sounds brilliant! However my system is 120v, do they make one?? This would be amazing. Just not sure how I would wire...
  8. Blavidais

Drain Back River System

Ok, so, I am 90% finished with a drain back set up; but the dang bleeder orifice valves DO NOT work. They trickle, but don’t really jet out unless I hit them or bang on the pipe—not something im gonna be down there doing. The only reason I can guess they aren’t working is because of the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks