Recent content by blakestranz

1. blakestranz

Getting Rid of Sewer Gas Smell

I've got a minor problem that's got me stumped: I recently found a broken 90 degree elbow (3-inch) in my DWV system. Luckily, it served a guest bathroom, so there was very little water damage. I replaced the broken fitting and I'm ready to patch the drywall on the wall and ceiling. I've...
  2. blakestranz

Air Gap Overflows?

Not sure which brand the plumber had on him. It was solvent welded to the PVC. It's not installed anymore... I've been looking online at some alternatives, but don't want to spend a bunch of energy swapping out different types only to get the same results. According to the softener company...
  3. blakestranz

Air Gap Overflows?

It's new construction and new PVC. There are no obstructions. It has proper fall. It runs about 15 ft and ties into a 3" main line that then ties into the 4" out of the house. The softener has a 2.7 GPM orifice on the backwash, but it still splashes out of the air gap due to lack of stand pipe...
  4. blakestranz

Air Gap Overflows?

After months of intermittent stink in our new house, we finally discovered a untrapped, uncapped 1-1/2-inch drain in the ceiling above our mechanical room. (Behind drywall) It is a 2 x 10 joist bay. It was obviously intended as the discharge for the water softener. At the time we added the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks