Recent content by Bjferri

1. Bjferri

Replacing light switch with a Timer that has an extra Red Wire.

It's not a 3 way switch but it does control 2 outside lights.
  2. Bjferri

Thanks. It came with Instructions albeit slightly ambiguous. I figured the Red was for the Load, Black for Hot, etc. Question. That switch I'm replacing has the Hot at the Top, with the Load at the bottom. The other switches in the Box have Hot on bottom and Load at Top. I'm confused...
  3. Bjferri

I opened up the electrical box that has 3 light switches. So, I have the white cluster of wires all bundled up, same with the black, same with the ground. The light switch has the ground and 2 blacks (top "on" and bottom "off") so I'm assuming the bottom is hot and the top the load. My...
  4. Bjferri

83% Efficiency Columbia Gas Boiler w/ Heat Manager?

If I'm lookimg for Reliability, how does that system sound? I was told with the Heat Manager I can get an extra 10% efficiency. I read too many problems with High Efficiency Systems to include issues w/ SS Heat Exchangers, leaking, etc...too many to list.
  5. Bjferri

Replacing Gas Boiler & Water Heater. WITH WHAT???

Is this gas and conventional or condensing you have?
  6. Bjferri

Replacing Gas Boiler & Water Heater. WITH WHAT???

I always thought Weil McLain was the best. I planned to use Ultra Plus 230 Condensing high efficiency boiler w/ Ultra Plus 40 indirect heater but web searches reveal issues and poor reviews. Now I need Subject Matter Experts like yourselfs to help me. I have the funds to do this once but...
  7. Bjferri

Replaceing Oil Boiler and Electric Hot Water Heater w/ Gas

Absolutely correct - I guarentee you I won't look back. I like this set up! Thanks!!
  8. Bjferri

I need help making this decision please…looking at it from a long term economical stand point. A) Do I purchase a hot water heater and boiler and vent through the chimney? If so, I’ll need to spend $2000 for a stainless steel liner to re-line the chimney. B) Or, do I spend a little...
  9. Bjferri

I need help making this decision please…looking at it from a long term economical stand point. A) Do I purchase a hot water heater and boiler and vent through the chimney? If so, I’ll need to spend $2000 for a stainless steel liner to re-line the chimney. B) Or, do I spend a little...
  10. Bjferri

Basement Leak from small hole in concrete foundation floor.

Makes perfect sense to me - thanks for those tips. I'll look for the hydraulic cement.
  11. Bjferri

Basement Leak from small hole in concrete foundation floor.

1937 home has a small hole, perhaps the size of a nickel and approx 2 feet from wall, in the concrete floor. Extremely heavy rain pushes clay up through the hole, not a lot, but creates a mess nonetheless. What can I do? If I plug it will this cause fractures in basement floor...
  12. Bjferri

Silverline Windows by Anderson

I don't know too much about these windows but are these low grade windows? I'm leaning towards Simonton 9800 that I've used and I've also used Anderson 400 series. Since I'm looking for a good quality vinyl window is a Silverline a good quality vinyl window?
  13. Bjferri

FLAT Roof - Ice and Water Shield (I&WS)

I always lean towards overkill unfortuanately - is it a good idea to I&WS the entire roof before installing the TPO / Duro-Last membrane? Thanks is advance...
  14. Bjferri

Flat Roof...TPO or Dura-Last

I already have a commercial contractor that does residential for each material. I agree with the proper installation...thanks.
  15. Bjferri

Flat Roof...TPO or Dura-Last

I was planning on using white TPO but was introduced to the Dura-Last. Everything I read leads me to believe Dura-Last may be the way to go... Your thoughts?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks