Recent content by BizzyBeePlumbing

1. BizzyBeePlumbing

Washing machine hoses - has anyone heard of PEX

I perfer the braided stainless steel washing machine hoses. Im not a big fan of the pex supplies, they are an economical way for the contractor to supply water to a fixture. Look at the plastic nut on the ones you have pictured, thats a flood waiting to happen.
  2. BizzyBeePlumbing

New Toilet/Bathroom Drain Trouble

do you have any vents on this new bathroom you installed? was it inspected? did a plumber complete the work? when you flush the toilet, does the water come all the way to the rim? swirl? is the closet bend holding water or the drain? did the toilet come from home depot? if the drain is...
  3. BizzyBeePlumbing

Joe the Plumber

whats BS is this guy said he was a plumber, etc etc etc, he isnt even a licensed plumber, he "dabled" in the trade. no respect from me. he is just a poser! Didnt he have tax issues also? Like, not paying them? Guess he will make a great politician then. When the media was running with the...
  4. BizzyBeePlumbing

Access to tub plumbing

access panels are always great, especially when it comes time to remove that roman tub valve.
  5. BizzyBeePlumbing

need help identifying faucet

post a picture of the stem, turn the water off, remove the handle, remove the stem. thats a great way to identify the parts needed.
  6. BizzyBeePlumbing

At wits end with plumbing.

Sounds like a camera inspection is needed also. I agree with Ron, call a friend, get a referall of a licensed plumber and have them come and check it out. you need professional help and it sounds like to many weekend warriors touched things they shouldnt have in that house.
  7. BizzyBeePlumbing

Sewer gas issues

I would check the attic if you have one, see if the vent goes all the way out, also check the fart fan hose, make sure it is connected, check the vent pentetration through the roof, make sure it isnt clogged with leaves, etc. run a hose down the vents for the bathroom, make sure they arent...
  8. BizzyBeePlumbing

Lost water pressure in my whole house after installation of a dishwasher??

Maybe post a picture of your main shut off valve ? I agree with the others, sometimes the valve feels open but the disk hasent opened all the way. Is the handle just turning and turning and not stopping? this is also another indication the gate valve is broken.
  9. BizzyBeePlumbing

Toilet Overflow

If its not illegal to have your area drains tied into the sewer, you can put in a back water valve, but I would seperate them as earlier instructed.
  10. BizzyBeePlumbing

Mystery Delta faucet leak in shower

trim against fiberglass always leaks over time as the escusions loosen up from use and the fibergalss flexes from the temp changes. I always make the sure the valve is strapped really well, then try to putty the hole around the valve if possible. I do not use regular caulk, I use silicone and...
  11. BizzyBeePlumbing

delta vs. brizo

I have installed both Brizo and Delta faucets, kitchen and Lav, I didnt notice much but the box difference and the price! kitchen faucets had the same junk pex lines attatched to them too
  12. BizzyBeePlumbing

Advice - Pex size from meter to Hot Water Tank...48 FU

You have the distance and the fixture units but I didnt see the high low water pressure. I personally would run copper underground to the house and run pex inside the structure. If your sizing is right and 1" is required, you are good with 11/4. According to Zurn and others, their "friction...
  13. BizzyBeePlumbing

Kohler Rochelle K3385-EB Ballcock & Flushvalve Replacement and Repair

I know you have 6 of these in your house, but I would just replace them. Old Kohler is expensive to repair and a ton of the aftermarket parts are horribly made and by reading your last post, you are figuring this out.. Weird things happen with aftermarket parts on Kohler toilet. I always...
  14. BizzyBeePlumbing

Does Made in America Matter to You? - Coast Products USA, formerly Coast Foundry MFG.

I have always used Coast products. Never had an issue, I wouldnt mind getting a catalogue. You guys have hte best B1X'S on the market!
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks