Recent content by birchlake

1. birchlake

Mesh size for lake intake screen

7474, thanks for the reply! I have bookmarked the Sure-Flo website and will do some research on it. Update on my filter issue and what I have dodne. I started with the Rusco 100 mesh filter. Too tight of filtration though and it clogged up pretty quickly. So then I went with the Rusco 60...
  2. birchlake

WorthFlorida and Reach4, than you very much for your replies! I am building a stand for the intake pipe right now to keep it up and out into the lake further, and if I don't have any luck with filtering the lake water at the source, I will consider filtering after the pump. This morning, I...
  3. birchlake

Hi All, I have a new residential sprinkler system, using lake water and powered by a Myers 2 stage pump. System is designed very well and is efficient. I have about 25 Hunter I-20 rotor heads and these are working perfectly and have no issue with lake water. The issue I am having is the...
  4. birchlake

4 questions on my in-floor heat

Thank you Jadnashua for your comments! I'm learning more about my radiant heat system every year. Unfortunately, my Electro Industries Mini-Boiler does not have a capability for adding an outdoor reset module. I sure wish it did! From what you have said, I think I am pretty close on having...
  5. birchlake

4 questions on my in-floor heat

First, some background. Not that experienced with in-floor heat, so bear with my novice questions. I have a 1008 sq. ft. home, concrete slab on grade, built in central Minnesota in 2011. Radiant heat provided by an Electro Industries 9KW electric mini-boiler, model EMB-H-9. I also...
  6. birchlake

Broken septic system inspection port

Gary, that was my "gut feel" as well which is why I posted. Thanks for your reply! Anyone else care to offer an opinion?
  7. birchlake

Broken septic system inspection port

Was walking by a neighbor's house when I smelled the faint smell of septic. The owner of the house was outside and I told him about it, we walked around the yard and found that a 4" white PVC inspection port located on the far end of a typical mound system had been cut off with the lawn mower...
  8. birchlake

Hydronic radiant thermostat

Jim, I think you're right. As long as my house has stayed comfortable with only a small amount of temperature overshoot and undershoot, I'm going to leave my stat on the SYNC setting for cycles per hour. It's taken me some time to figure out my first radiant system, but I sure do love it...
  9. birchlake

Okay, before I let you guys go, I'd like to bend your ear with one more question. This one regarding my Tekmar thermostat. I was just reading my installation and operation manual for my Tekmar 552 thermostat and have a question on one setting that I don't fully understand. The setting is W...
  10. birchlake

Badger, Dana Thanks for the information and advice guys. I have a better understanding now of my system (and design limitations as noted; no ODR, etc.) and how to best utilize it. One final question. I have a combination of carpet and high quality sheet vinyl on my floor. I have read on...
  11. birchlake

Dana, I really like my Mitsubishi mini-split. The only issue I've had with it is a bit of a rhythmic ticking from the inside unit that was an annoyance. Ended up having to put shims on all corners of the inside unit to eliminate the vibe/tick. Other than that, it really works well for both...
  12. birchlake

Badger, I agree completely about the use of outdoor reset. And if I had a do-over, my house would definitely include an outdoor reset/modulating boiler system. But that is hindsight and for now I need to make do without those items. In the future if I need to swap out the boiler for any...
  13. birchlake

Dana, I'm gone quite often, sometimes for extended periods of time, so it just seems easiest and best for peace of mind (not knowing what temp swings may occur during the week) to leave the Mitsubishi mini-split system off and rely solely on radiant heat during those times. I do agree with...
  14. birchlake

Update on this one guys; sorry for the delay as I wanted to get a winter under my belt to see how things went. Last fall, I installed the Tekmar 552 thermostat (in place of the simple Ranco slab sensor) and I just love it. Basically, I have just set my desired room setpoint and haven't touched...
  15. birchlake

Air in deep well line

Makes sense and we know with certainty that there is a small leak that needs to be addressed. The one thing that I need help understanding though is why I only get air in the lines after running the outside faucet full blast for 10-15 minutes. The first 10-15 minutes while running that...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks