Recent content by BillyJoeJimBob

1. BillyJoeJimBob

General PEX Questions

Thanks, I understood that. The existing water supply line (aka "sucker line") is buried about 12" underground, so if I were to replace it with PEX, that would also be buried.
  2. BillyJoeJimBob

General PEX Questions

So can I assume from this that "P.E." is still being used? Is there a compelling reason to use PEX instead of P.E.? I don't like or trust the hose-clamped connections, and it's possible that there are other repairs in the line underground which may be introducing air into the line. It's REAL...
  3. BillyJoeJimBob

General PEX Questions

I'm going to the cabin in a couple of weeks, and will get a more precise measurement, but the distance from cistern to cabin (with pump underneath) is around 100 ft. I'm calling this the "sucker line" and if someone can give me the correct term, I'd appreciate it. The sucker line is 3/4" of a...
  4. BillyJoeJimBob

General PEX Questions

Thanks hj. That's also something I wanted to know about. I got a lecture about the difference between CPVC and PVC from a guy at Lowes and wanted to double-check if it was correct, that PVC was unsuitable for carrying potable water due to toxins leeching from the plastic into the water. Is...
  5. BillyJoeJimBob

General PEX Questions

Also, I'm wondering about pipe diameter. Usually I see 1/2" PEX in houses, but I wonder if there is a reason to go larger? Same question for the sucker line. Would a larger diameter sucker line increase water pressure, water volume, reduced load on the pump, etc...? My sense is that if...
  6. BillyJoeJimBob

General PEX Questions

We have a cabin in the mountains in Ruidoso, New Mexico that was homeowner-built (and poorly) in the mid-1070's. Set "pier & beam" style on a mountain, the underside of the cabin is enclosed by uninsulated walls (we call it the "basement"), but it and the plumbing pipes, etc... are exposed and...
  7. BillyJoeJimBob

valveman's profile pics: One tank is wrong and the other is right

Thanks. I'm printing this off and taking it with us when we go to Ruidoso in about 3 weeks. Also thanks to all the other replies. This forum has the most number of informed participants I've ever been on. Okay so I've been thinking about CSV's for the last couple of days. It's how my mind...
  8. BillyJoeJimBob

Gould J10S w/ Cracked Cast Iron Parts and Other Problems

The JB Weld. Was that a joke? Because I'm thinking about trying it.
  9. BillyJoeJimBob

So say cut-on pressure is 30 PSI. The tank's air pressure should be about 28 psi when 2/3rds filled with water with no pressure. How do I know when it's 2/3rds full if the tank is completely sealed? In fact, that's sort of what I did. One day I noticed that, when under full pump pressure...
  10. BillyJoeJimBob

I keep noticing the profile pic showing the tank with pipes below as being "wrong", and the one with the pipes above as being "right". I think I have the wrong one at my cabin. Thing is, I'm not sure what these tanks are, or what they are for. The one I have is about 20 gallon, by Sears...
  11. BillyJoeJimBob

Is it cast iron? I just assumed it was because it was bumpy. The previous weld might have worked if it hadn't been 1/8" off the crack, lol... If I were to buy another pump, I would want something heavier-duty? Besides that, I don't see the motor likely to go bad. I've had this thing laying...
  12. BillyJoeJimBob

The motor works just fine. 1) The Casing (1K333) is cracked where the pump was not drained properly and water froze inside, and then some time before I acquired it, the crack was welded badly. I've ground-down the bad weld to fully-expose the crack, in preparation for getting it welded...
  13. BillyJoeJimBob

How to Dig a Sideways Hole?

I'm posting this here because you guys know a lot about just about everything. My situation is that I have power on one side of a concrete driveway, and I want to dig a hole about 12" deep (say 6" below the concrete) with a diameter big enough to run a piece of electrical conduit through it...
  14. BillyJoeJimBob

Obama's birth video

The natural result of affirmative action.
  15. BillyJoeJimBob

Had a lovely day in America today

I spent 3 years on Camp Pendleton (near San Diego), and he is correct. It rains 30 days each spring there, and is absolutely perfect the rest of the year. It's too perfect, like eating too much choclate, you get sick of how perfect the weather is. Clear skies, low humidity, perfect...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks