Recent content by BillMorehead

1. B

Water heater pilot goes out when furnace starts

WH leaking too I started this thread. No solution yet, but I have confirmed that the water heater is leaking water. It has been off for days and half an hour after I have dryed the floor it is wet again, no doubt it is the water heater. I think I will install a force vented water heater...
  2. B

I don't think it could be a surge blowing out the flame. While I was observing the pilot going out, the water heater was in "pilot" mode. There was no flicker on the candle that I had 3" away from the pilot when the pilot went out. The water heater is a Ruud T50. Is there a regulator on...
  3. B

My water heater pilot goes out very often in cold weather. It appears to be caused by momentary gas pressure drops. I am asking for comments for an action plan. Today I setup my video cam toward the pilot and have learned that it goes out when my Lennox pulse furnace starts up. Sometimes...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks