Recent content by BillH

1. BillH

Fitting from pitless adapter to poly pipe leaking

I've got the same problem. I've exposed 3-4 feet of the poly, and I'm wondering what's the best way to replace the corroded fittings. I posted some pictures: www.billhecht.com/images/DSC_0072.JPG www.billhecht.com/images/DSC_0071.JPG Assuming that it would be difficult to pull the barb out...
  2. BillH

What type of pipe for 180' well?

This was 9 -10 years ago, and now I'm remembering more details, and realizing that they are relevant: When we pulled the pump, only 5 - 10 feet of the pipe above the pump was wet, indicating that the water level was now lower. To avoid having the water level go below the pump, we set the pump...
  3. BillH

Submersible Pumps and multiple check valves?

Thank you, both these replies are convincing ... I will replace the pump and fix the leak. I really appreciate the help! I had questions regarding the type of downpipe I should have in this well, and thinking that that was a different topic, I posted that question separately here...
  4. BillH

What type of pipe for 180' well?

I now have a leak or bad check valve in my 180' well. Years ago, the pipe going down the well was one continuous length of 1.5" black polyethelene with thick walls that seemed incredibly strong to me. About 9 years ago when I last had the pump replaced, the well guys talked me into replacing...
  5. BillH

Submersible Pumps and multiple check valves?

if the 1st check valve leaks, why not add a second? Everyone seems agreed that if the check valve on the pump fails, it must be replaced. So I'm wondering: mine started leaking slowly, causing the pump to cycle every 20 minutes or so. The pump is 180' down. For a quick fix, I put in a check...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks