Recent content by biggun

1. biggun

adding carbon to resin tank?

Well no but we have a toilet we do not use often that will get the slime. Seems to usually grow in the bowl though not necessarily the tank. D
  2. biggun

Thanks for the advice. So if I have iron bacteria you think the water softener will help reduce it making eveything orange? toilet bathtub etc. I have a dishwasher and new fridge I am waiting to hookup. Do u think ultmitely i need the chlorinator and storage tank? ANy advice appreciated thanks...
  3. biggun

Well here is the price I got for a new ws-1. The same setup as above but 48k. Maybe I was wrong above he said something about 48-64 depending on size of tank or something. Anyway The cost I was quoted would be $950.00 ifI install it. $1500.00 if they install it. I think people in houston just...
  4. biggun

The guy wants 600 bucks for a used clack ws1 1.5 cu ft 64,000 from a model home he said maybe regenned once with 300 extra for installation. Should I be concerned. IS THIS A GOOD PRICE? I have H2S2, 10 OR 11 HARDNESS, Iron and or iron bacteria. I was looking at installing the inline erosion...
  5. biggun

I just talked with someone who recommended adding 2 inches of granular activated carbon to the resin tank of a water softener to remove the chlorine from the water during the softening process (I am on well water but he still recommended adding it). This would remove the need for a whole house...
  6. biggun

Need help choosing a softener!

THanks for the info. Where is the best place to buy a clack water softener? THe 48,000 clack on Garys site was 688. I found one guy selling the same setup for 900 something. Is this a good buy or keep searching?
  7. biggun

Need help choosing a softener!

I live in Texas on a well and I need a water softener. I moved to this house and it just had a well. Three people live in this house with the occasional visitor. We use a fair amount of water. I have all new appliances and I am waiting to get new faucets in the bathroom and hook up the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks