Recent content by Bigealta

1. Bigealta

Advise for replacing galvanized pipe to painted copper water main.

Lovin the smooth ball valve and the full drain valve vs. the small bleeders.
  2. Bigealta

The old valves were still good but added the ball valve anyway. Thanks
  3. Bigealta

I cut the 6" long galvanized pipe above the elbow. Then unscrewed the cut piece from the elbow fine. Then tried to unscrew the elbow and the nipple turned out some but broke inside the brass T. I was able to use a screw driver to break up the rusted pipe remains on the threads and clean the...
  4. Bigealta

Yes the short nipple is galvanized, or was. Now its just rusted steel. The nipple is .84OD. The copper is 3/4". And the drip is from the top of the galvanized 90 elbow.
  5. Bigealta

The 2 shut off valves on both galvanized lines lead to 2 outdoor spigots, 1 in front of the house and the other in the back of the house.
  6. Bigealta

Hi, first i'd like to express my condolences to Terry's Family and thank them for continuing this site. Terry will be greatly missed. I'm looking for suggestions on how to deal with this very slow drip coming from a galvanized fitting screwed into a painted copper water main. The copper line...
  7. Bigealta

See you later, not goodbye!

So sorry to hear this. Terry and others have helped me here and i appreciate it every time. Rest in Peace Buddy!
  8. Bigealta

Sewer gas smell from cold water tap

Were you able to fix the problem?
  9. Bigealta

Replace valves or Packing washers? Laundry room valves.

Ok will try repacking with Teflon rope and the original washer. But I found a shop that may have the packing washer. They just bought out my favorite old supply house and are working thru the inventory. He says he saw them but doesn't remember exactly where.
  10. Bigealta

you can also try increasing water temp in the hot water tank to kill the sulfur bacteria if this is determined to be where the smell is emanating from.
  11. Bigealta

When i do the peroxide clean i draw some of it into the Hot water tank by opening up a hot water valve for a few moments. It works for me. And yes most of the sulfur smell comes from the hot side. A Tank flush may also help if you have sediment in bottom. Adding a simple taste/odor filter might...
  12. Bigealta

I get that in a rental with a well. I use hydrogen peroxide to Clean the water lines. I have a small house filter that I take the filter out and pour in about 16 oz or so of hydrogen peroxide. Then just open the taps a bit to get it into the lines. let sit for an hour or so. Then flush out by...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks