Recent content by BigD

1. BigD

Leaking copper union

I'll try that. It's pretty darn straight on, but perhaps some pipe compound and re-seating it will do the trick. Fingers are crossed!
  2. BigD

Leaking copper union

Vertical installation, we have a tiny leak at the union. Should we pull it out and steel wool the surfaces? I don't think Teflon tape would help the threads...the leak isn't there. Anything we can do to help these surfaces be happy? Thanks in advance. Denise
  3. BigD

Toto in-wall unit - how to test before walling in?

Our Toto in-wall unit is missing current instructions and I'm not able to find the correct answer to the following question: We have the water connected and on, however, the tank did not fill and we would like to fill the tank before we wall it in. I have NO idea how to get the thing to do...
  4. BigD

Connecting 3.5" IPS to ABS for sewer line extension

hmmm....ok... I guess if the thing screws on and doesn't leak - that's no good? And if it's a straight line? Directional sweep? I guess I don't see how a Fernco 3.25 to 3.5 is any different other than it doesn't screw on? But I'm not a plumber! ;-)
  5. BigD

Toto Duo-Fit in-wall tank instructions are WRONG! Help!

Holy cow...I'm so disappointed in Toto right now. They have the WORST installation instructions and to top it off - they are wrong. Toto is NOT helping us at all - they keep sending us things saying "previously changed" and we don't have any of it! Here is the deal - we buy the in-wall tank...
  6. BigD

This is what happens when you have a father in law that is a semi-retired engineer with lots of tools! Little bit of silver solder, a drill and a lathe and taa-daa! We have our connection! Thanks for the help! Denise
  7. BigD

Hey Terry - Should we attempt to drill it out and use a Fernco donuts instead? If not, I need help with the exact Fernco fitting as I will have to order it from the mainland. We are very limited in what we have here in Hawaii. Pro-flex: I can do a 4" CI, Plastic or Steel to 4" Copper...
  8. BigD

Looks to be about 4.25 OD or less-ish. We are going to cut it tomorrow so that I can get a better measurement. Click for large view - Uploaded with Skitch Click for large view - Uploaded with Skitch And here is the whole picture! It's a roller coaster of CI! Click for large view - Uploaded...
  9. BigD

Aloha all - I'll check the measurement tomorrow and even post some wonderfully sandy photos! We have a nice straight run of CI so the cut wouldn't be bad. We worry about the condition of the outside of the pipe taking to a rubber coupling. It's so corroded and uneven. I clean a bit of it up...
  10. BigD

Aloha folks - We are researching the possible extension of our CI sewer line in order to add a toilet/shower/vent to the mix. Our sewer ends in a nice clean out about 2' underground running horizontal. The CI itself is quite rusted on the outside - likely due to our proximity to the ocean...
  11. BigD

Plumber rushed job - toilet leak but he says it's not his fault

So do you guys think the internal dripping is not a problem born of poor installation? Rather it's just going to do that when we add anything to the bowl, correct? After we shim things up should I expect this to still continue? Terry - the rubber sheet is cut to sit just under the toilet...
  12. BigD

Plumber rushed job - toilet leak but he says it's not his fault

Aloha everyone - hopefully I can find some help here. While I'm no pro in terms of plumbing, I do my way around a p-trap, street elbow and copper pipes. However, I just don't like to deal with toilet stuff so when it comes to working in that "area" I call a plumber. My husband and I...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks